Monday, March 31, 2008

It has been awhile!

I haven't done a post in awhile because I've been busy! I finally have a few moments to update my blog. Because of the recent birth of a new niece, her big sister turning 2, Easter and the blessing of the new baby I decided to travel to Kansas for all of these special events. I'm so glad that I was able to be involved in all of these special occasions in my brother's family's life! It was a VERY busy visit, but I had a GREAT time!! Thanks to all for making my visit wonderful! I love you all and appreciate all you do for me. I've posted a few of my favorite pictures from my trip. Hope you enjoy!


Keaghan turns 2!

On Keaghan's actual birthday (March 20th) my mom and I decided to take over a treat and a card so she could celebrate her actual day even though she was having an official party on Saturday (March 22nd). She was very excited to open her card and to chow down on her M&M ice cream cookie although she decided all she really liked was the M&Ms on top. Keaghan's new little sister, Laiken, slept through the entire event, but towards the end of the evening I was able to get one picture of her with her eyes open...amazing!






Great Aunt Cathy meets Laiken!

Grandma and Great Aunt Cathy admiring beautiful Laiken!


Cathy and Keaghan building a paper towel tower

Mommy and Laiken


Presents!

Before Keaghan's actual birthday party began, we decided that our side of the family would celebrate multiple events all at one time. We celebrated Keaghan's 2nd birthday, the fact that Laiken was born, Laiken's blessing and Easter. I think we totally overwhelmed Keaghan with all of the presents! She liked the tissue paper and the gift bags more than the actual gifts!

Andy and Johanna reading their Easter card

Easter baskets for the girls!

Keaghan eating a chocolate covered marshmallow bunny

Opening presents!!

Aunt Holly and Keaghan looking through Laiken's baby book


Keaghan's birthday party!

Eating goodies off her cake


I think this video is very cute, but you have to be patient for the cute part! Keaghan kept running out of my view, but towards the end she runs back in the view of the camera and does a little dance. It is so cute!


Grandma made Keaghan a swing made out of two bricks! Can you believe it? It was a HUGE hit at the party though for the little kids.


Laiken's blessing

In our church, babies are not baptized like in other churches, but rather are given a blessing by their father. On Easter Sunday my brother blessed their new little one. It was a very special occasion for our family. My brother has only been a member of our church for a few years so it is always neat for me to see him doing ordinances in the church. He is a good father!


Squirmy baby

Keaghan didn't want to go to nursery and held her mommy tight!



For all of you that I wasn't able to see while I was in Kansas, I do apologize! As you can tell from the pictures I was very busy. Dave and I hope to travel back to Kansas sometime this summer though so he can meet Laiken for himself. Hopefully we will have more time during that visit so we can "make our rounds." We love you all and miss you dearly!

No comments: