Sunday, June 15, 2008

Update

I just wanted to post a few pictures to update you all on our progress with my mom's bathroom. I'll post more "work" photos later and also some photos we took during our "fun" time.

Where the step up is was a wall before my uncle took it out. It increased her bathroom size tremendously! The other room used to be her "office." She couldn't ever sell this house with that room listed as a bedroom because it has no closet, so they decided to just combine it with the bathroom. Good decision!

In the big open space (in front of the window) my mom is going to put in an old claw foot tub. She got one cheap at a garage sale and is having it refinished. It will take 6-8 weeks to finish.


My uncle Fred is coming back sometime this summer to help my mom put in the sink. She has a picture of the sink she wants to create for her bathroom and he is looking for a piece of walnut to finish that project.

On the left of this picture is a second door into the bathroom and down the hall. When my uncle Fred comes back he is going to close that door off and put a linen closet in its place.

I'm very pleased with what we were able to accomplish on my mother's bathroom in two weeks! There is still a lot to do, but I feel like we made HUGE progress on it.

No comments: