Sunday, September 21, 2008

We survived!

Last week I had the opportunity of babysitting my niece and nephew for a couple of days. Dave's sister, Ann, and her family are moving to Vancouver, Washington soon and needed to make a quick trip up there to arrange housing for when they officially move. I agreed to watch the kiddos at their house so they could make this 11 hour trip by themselves. Their trip was going to be a short one so it made sense to leave the children behind. We were all a little nervous about how it would go, but I'm happy to report that everything went well. Ella (1) missed her parents, but she did very well for being so young. Nate (4) also missed his parents, but seemed to have a good time. He wasn't a huge fan of his Aunt Holly when I asked him to pick up his toys, but he got over it and was a huge helper. I'm glad I got this opportunity. It was nice to spend some time with those two and also some good practice for the future! Thanks Ann for thinking of me! I'm glad I could help out.


Nate & Ella


This is proof that Ella had a good time and didn't cry the entire time

2 comments:

Megan said...

Way to go Holly! That picture of Ella is super cute.

Juannaelmi said...

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!! You were great! I thought Ella would be super clingy this whole week and she hasn't been too bad. You must have worked some magic.