Sunday, June 20, 2010

"What a crazy weekend!"

In the words of my sweet husband, "What a crazy weekend!" and I have to agree. We really only had one thing on the agenda for the entire weekend, but ended up making a last minute decision to drive up to Dave's brother's in Tremonton and spent last night there.

The only thing we had on the agenda was the Freedom Festival Baby Contest yesterday. Our neighbors "encouraged" us to enter Miles into the contest because as we all know, Miles is THE cutest baby! I'm sad to inform you all that Miles didn't win and didn't even place. We still are very proud of him and think he is the cutest baby! The judging process was sort of silly in my opinion, but maybe I feel that way 'cause my cute baby didn't win! We basically had to sit him on a table in front of two judges who sort of interacted with him, but they didn't try very hard. Dave and I both were trying to get him to giggle and/or smile at them, but they were strangers and he is at that age. He just sat there and stared at them like "who the heck are you?" After the judging they had an awards ceremony. There were door prizes and prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places for each category. We walked away with no prizes, just our luck. Haha!

Since it was part of the Freedom Festival, we dressed him in red, white, and blue

Waiting in line to see the judges

Practicing our killer smile

The judges

And the winners are...

Afterward we played in the "activity room."
Miles enjoyed playing with the blocks!

After the baby contest we were trying to decide what we wanted to do the rest of our weekend and not too much later found ourselves loading the car for an overnight stay in Tremonton. Dave's brother who is at law school at the University of Idaho and his family are in town this week so we wanted to see them while we could. It was nice to see them and can't believe how fast the kiddos are growing up!

Miles is trying to take away Gwen's toy and she isn't too happy about it

I love all of their faces in this one!
It is so hard to get a good picture of a 3 1/2 year old, 1 1/2 year old, and a 9 month old! You just take what you can get!

I know this post is long, but I do want to mention the fact that today is Father's Day. Miles is one lucky boy because I personally think he has the world's best dad! Dave is such a natural at being a dad. He inspires me daily. I look forward to watching their relationship develop. I think they will be good pals and will have tons of fun together over the years. Like I've said before, Miles is a daddy's boy. You can see the love he has for Dave in his eyes. He loves his daddy! We are so blessed and I'm so glad that Miles and I have Dave in our lives! Happy 1st Father's Day dear! Hope it was a good one!

No comments: