Not much exciting is happening here in Provo these days, just living life! Miles is getting bigger by the day (he turned 14 mos. old today) and learning so much. He loves to mimic us when we make sounds. He is too cute. Dave has been sick with a cold this weekend and Miles has had fun mimicking his dad's cough and clearing of his throat. I often find myself asking Miles to do things thinking that he doesn't really know what I'm saying, but being pleasantly surprised to find him actually doing it. The other day I asked him where his Mickey Mouse stuffed animal was, really just thinking out loud to myself. Not too much later he walked up to me and handed me his Mickey Mouse doll. I had a grin on my face from ear to ear! It is fun watching him grow! Right now we are struggling with the idea of transitioning him to just one nap a day and aren't quite sure how to go about it. He has about 90% of the time over the last two weeks not taken his afternoon nap. That has made for a couple of weeks of some really ROUGH evenings 'cause he has been awake for about 6+ hours straight. He gets SUPER grumpy and SUPER ornery when that happens.
He also has been bottle-free for about a week. The doctor recommended we wean him off the bottle ASAP after he turned 1 and we started to slowly wean him. He doesn't seem to miss his bottle at all and enjoys getting his milk out of a sippy.
Now that he understands more, I've been trying to teach him that mommy has to work and he has to entertain himself for a bit. Up until recently I've only been able to work while he was sleeping. It is nice to be able to get some work done while he is awake. I can only accomplish it during the morning after he first wakes up and so far I've only been able to do it for about an hour or less, but he is learning and that is HUGE for me. Below are a couple of pictures of what he does to entertain himself while I'm working.
Now that he understands more, I've been trying to teach him that mommy has to work and he has to entertain himself for a bit. Up until recently I've only been able to work while he was sleeping. It is nice to be able to get some work done while he is awake. I can only accomplish it during the morning after he first wakes up and so far I've only been able to do it for about an hour or less, but he is learning and that is HUGE for me. Below are a couple of pictures of what he does to entertain himself while I'm working.
A couple of weeks ago we got a nice surprise in the mail from my Grandparents. With this surprise we were able to purchase new bedding. In our 10 1/2 years of marriage we have never had a nice bedding set. We've looked for years at them, but have never been able to really agree on one or agree on spending the money for something we weren't totally in love with, etc. After doing some searching, we found a set at JCPenney's that we both love and it goes really well with our overall color scheme in the townhouse. It's so fun to have a nice bedding set and makes me feel like a grownup! Now I just need to figure out what color to paint the walls and what curtains I like. So fun! Thanks Grandma & Grandpa!
1 comment:
I love the bedding set! I would paint with a brown color - very calming. Glad you are able to get some work done when Miles is awake. That is the battle for years it seems - even at 3 1/2 - they always want to be with you! When we transitioned to one nap it took a couple of weeks, but we slowly pushed the morning nap later and later until he was sleeping only in the afternoon. Then it breaks up the day better. Good luck!
Post a Comment