Friday, March 11, 2011

It's been a while

We haven't had a lot of stuff going on lately, just normal life, so I haven't really felt the desire to blog. But Miles continues to learn and grow daily and I figure some of you might be interested in hearing what he is up to these days.

Miles' vocabulary is expanding tremendously. He still sort of focuses on one new word and says it over and over and over and doesn't really say the other words he has learned as much, but he still knows those words and will use them occasionally. One of his new words is "mess." If his sippy cup leaks a little onto something he'll say "mess" and wipe his hand over it to clean it up! He'll also say "mess" if he dumps his toys out all over the floor, etc. It is entirely too cute.

One day while we were eating lunch he held his sippy cup up to me and said something that sounded like "cheers" so I took my glass and clinked it on his and said, "Cheers!" Now every time we are drinking something he has to clink our glasses together and say "cheers." I'm not exactly sure what he was trying to tell me the very first time he did that, but to me it sounded like cheers and we've run with it. It is pretty comical!

He is becoming such a great helper. He loves to clean up his highchair tray after he eats and wipe his face and hands. Yesterday it was such a beautiful day outside so we went out and raked some leaves and he did a fantastic job at helping me put the leaves in a trash bag. He LOVES to be outside and begs for us to put his shoes (which is another word he likes to use these days) on so he can go out. I'm glad we've had a couple of nice days lately and am looking forward to it getting warmer and warmer.

Miles is starting to get a little picky when it comes to food. It is so bizarre to me too because what he devours one day he won't even touch the next day...so it has been hard to buy groceries for him. I've been able to get away with him eating something different than what I'm eating for breakfast and lunch up until lately. He has decided he wants exactly what I'm eating. I'm not very good at eating vegetables or a wide variety of food so that is becoming an issue.

With the weather being a bit nicer, we've been able to get out and explore. Miles has discovered the moon (during daytime hours) and loves to point it out and say "moo!" He'll point it out about a hundred times in the matter of 15 minutes or so. He also loves to point to the sky when he hears a plane flying over. Sometimes he gets lucky and can actually see the plane and that makes him super happy.

He is learning body parts and knows where a nose is although he refers to it as a "no." He also knows where eyes are. We are working on where our ears are because he currently refers to them as "eye" as well.

He likes to bark at dogs and loves to pick up things off the ground and hand them to whoever will take them from him.

It is so much fun to watch him learn and grow! We aren't quite as excited about the "fits" he throws when he doesn't get his way these days, but I guess that is to be expected in his toddler-hood.

No comments: