Saturday, August 13, 2011

Time to ponder

The last week in Kansas was pretty hectic for Dave trying to get all of his projects at my mom's done. He felt like he wasn't very productive this summer at her place, but he had no reason to feel that way! He got a lot done for her and I know she appreciated all of it. In my next post I'll put some pictures up of the projects he got done. It all turned out fabulous!

Even though he was busy, we did take some time to visit a memorial bench and plaque that was put up at Hadley Middle School in Wichita, KS in honor of my sister. She was attending that middle school when she died in 1996. I've always been so impressed that her fellow classmates and the school decided to honor her in some way. It was a very nice gesture indeed. All these years I've wanted to stop and take pictures of it, but for one reason or the other it has never happened. This time I made sure we got pictures. I think it was extra special visiting it this time too now that Miles is a part of our lives. It makes me super sad to think he'll never get to meet his Aunt Sabrina in this life, but hopefully in the eternities they'll be buds!

Photobucket

The plaque

Photobucket

Family photo
(we didn't notice there was trash in the background until we took this photo)

Photobucket

Miles wouldn't sit still

Photobucket

Hadley Middle School

No comments: