We've been busy busy getting ready for the big move! I have some updating to do of the blog, but won't be able to get to it for a while. See...Miles and I left Utah and headed for the next chapter in our lives (Kansas) on Wednesday. We arrived at our new home on Thursday and took a couple of days to recover from the drive and the busy last few weeks we've had. I managed to leave my cell phone charger and cords in Provo so I can't upload any photos until Dave gets here with the rest of our things. Depending on how everything goes, he is scheduled to arrive this Friday, Saturday, or possibly even Sunday. Miles and I are so ready to see him again!
Miles and I went to church today and had fun telling everyone that we are going to be back in the ward again after being gone for about eight years. There are so many new faces in our old ward. It'll be fun getting to know the new people (I guess we are considered new people as well)!
For those who don't know, we are moving in to my mom's house in Halstead, KS. This poor old house is in need of some repairs and we are going to help with those repairs so that she can sell it or rent it out or do whatever she wants with it. Currently she is living with a friend and is about 15 minutes away from us. Boy it'll be so nice to have her so close! We've already scheduled her to babysit so we can have a date night in September to see the Lion King in Wichita. I'm soooooo excited!
Dave's been working hard getting our townhouse ready for our renters. He had to do some tile and grout work in the kitchen that started out as a small project (or so we thought) and turned into a much bigger project. He has also been busy painting. On top of all of that he is finishing up his internship at BYU and his last few days at Target. I do appreciate all he is doing for our little family. He is such an awesome guy!
Miles isn't quite sure what to think of all of this. He is really confused because when we go to what he considers "Gramma's house," grandma isn't always there. Instead we go to Dale's house to see grandma and her dog, Pickles. Grandma has come over everyday to see us though so that is nice. Grandma refers to this house as "your house" or "Miles' room," etc. and he sort of looks at her with a confused expression. I think when we get our stuff here and dad is here with us, it'll slowly start to make more sense to him...hopefully.
Whelp, I promise to update the blog as soon as I can in the next couple of weeks!
1 comment:
I'm glad you made it there safely. It is going to be weird not having you guys around.
Post a Comment