Friday, May 16, 2008

Flashback Friday

This Flashback Friday post is dedicated to our many moves! Over the course of 8 years we have moved an insane amount of times. I really like change and have probably forced many moves on my poor husband who would prefer to stay in one place for a very long time. I think we both are the way we are based on the way we were raised. His family stayed put while my family moved a lot. I also spent the summers in Colorado with my father so there was always change and new adventures!

I love this first photo because it shows Dave's frustration and exhaustion with our first big move together. Little did he know he would have many many more of these moves ahead of him! That summer we decided to move from Utah to Kansas. I added the third picture because it shows a pretty big event that was happening as we were getting ready to leave the state...the mountain was on fire! I love looking at old photos of us because we look so young and so skinny!



For those of you that are curious, here is a list of the places we have lived in our 8 years of marriage:

Logan, UT (rented an apartment)
to
Halstead, KS (lived with my mom)
to
Newton, KS (rented an apartment)
to
Halstead, KS (rented a house!!)
to
Halstead, KS (lived with my mom again)
to
Newton, KS (rented a duplex)
to
Newton, KS (bought our first home!!)
to
Fruita, CO (rented a farm house)
to
Orem, UT (rented an apartment)
to
Provo, UT (bought our second home...a townhouse this time!!)

3 comments:

The Cureton Family said...

Wow!! That is a lot of moves! You've got us beat! Hopefully you will be staying put for awhile?? :)

Dave and Holly said...

We're staying put until Dave gets his masters degree from BYU and then there are no promises...

Juannaelmi said...

I love your flashback Fridays.