Monday, August 9, 2010

Worst. Camping. Ever.

Although I had a great birthday and enjoyed spending it with my family, I have to say that the way in which we chose to celebrate it was ruined by a few RUDE people! On July 31st we took the short drive up Provo Canyon to Alpine Loop to do one night of camping in honor of my birthday. By 11:30 p.m. Miles and I were on our way back to the house. We had some "neighbors" at the campground that were completely wasted and very disrespectful of those around them. Miles had a very hard time falling asleep because of all of the noise and when he finally did fall asleep he was awakened a short time later to their loud laughter. By 11:30 p.m. I just couldn't take it anymore and headed home with him while Dave and my mom stayed behind. One of the drunk girls also had the nerve after I left to say something like, "Good, she's taking the baby home. Who takes a baby camping?" I'm sure it took everything Dave had to not jump out of his tent and give them a what for. When Miles woke up the next morning we went back up to the campground to have breakfast and do some sight seeing. It turned out to be a very nice birthday although I'm not too excited about celebrating them anymore...I don't wanna grow up!

We had to improvise with his high chair and carefully balanced it on a camp chair

Grandma & Miles

Dave making me b-day brownies in our nifty new camp stove/oven!

I wasn't quite sure how he would feel about being "stuck" in his play pin, but he had a blast walking around in it and trying to climb out of it

My interesting birthday brownies (probably should've followed the high altitude recipe) decorated by the lovely artist aka Dave

*Not one picture was taken of me on my birthday because I'm always the one with the camera.

No comments: