Saturday night was the Christmas party at our church. Every year Santa makes an appearance! I was curious to see how Miles would react to Santa this year since he at least sort of knows who/what Santa is. Last year Santa was just some stranger and Miles cried when we tried to put him on his lap. This year he was a little more open to seeing Santa as long as he could keep his distance. He took the little goody-bag from Santa and even gave him a high-five, but when Dad tried to put him on Santa's lap he did not want to have anything to do with him. He never really started crying, he just made it very clear that he did not want to be alone on Santa's lap. Santa even had Dad sit on his lap for a bit as well to warm Miles up to the idea. Still a no go!
The rest of the evening consisted of Dave and Miles getting to eat a nice dinner while enjoying Christmas karaoke from the kids in our ward followed by a live nativity scene. This year the young men and young women were asked to do the live nativity. I am the Secretary for the young women group. Our President informed me a while back that she could not make it to the party and that pretty much none of the other leaders would be there as well so that left me to be in charge. So my evening consisted of running all over getting everything ready for the live nativity. I think overall it turned out okay, but I probably should have put a little more planning into it ahead of time. The evening was a little chaotic for me! I did at least have the Holy Family picked out a week ahead of time and the narrator, but the small details weren't worked out. Ha ha! Maybe next time, although I hope there isn't a next time!
The rest of the evening consisted of Dave and Miles getting to eat a nice dinner while enjoying Christmas karaoke from the kids in our ward followed by a live nativity scene. This year the young men and young women were asked to do the live nativity. I am the Secretary for the young women group. Our President informed me a while back that she could not make it to the party and that pretty much none of the other leaders would be there as well so that left me to be in charge. So my evening consisted of running all over getting everything ready for the live nativity. I think overall it turned out okay, but I probably should have put a little more planning into it ahead of time. The evening was a little chaotic for me! I did at least have the Holy Family picked out a week ahead of time and the narrator, but the small details weren't worked out. Ha ha! Maybe next time, although I hope there isn't a next time!

Getting goody-bag from Santa

Sitting with Dad

Get me outta here!

I'm done! Mom stop taking pictures!

Dad is being silly while Miles is getting frustrated 'cause he can't open the candy cane wrapper

Coloring on the tables

Trumpet solo by one of the young men
(Miles LOVES trumpets and apparently when Nate finished playing Miles said, "More!")

The Holy Family with the choir of angels and the shepherds that are hiding behind the angels

The entire scene with our narrator (Cory) in the plaid jacket way off to the right

The wise men bow down to Jesus

Our Holy Family (Our friends/neighbors: The Lapiolis)

Baby Jesus (aka Ian)
1 comment:
I loved that he didn't cry, but was very confident he did not want it to happen. Milla was the same, only she sat on Nate's lap, but was hesitant to take her eyes off the big man just in case.
Live nativity is a lot of work for one person. It looks like you did great!
Post a Comment