Monday, December 12, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

I'm having a hard time believing Christmas is less than two weeks away! It seems like Thanksgiving was just a few days ago.

I'm really looking forward to Christmas this year. We are traveling "home" (Kansas) for the holiday which we haven't done since Miles joined our family. Plus, he is at such a fun age that I think he'll enjoy opening his presents and playing with his new things. I'm especially excited for him to see what Daddy and Santa got for him. I think he will be so happy! I'll post more on this after Christmas.

This year our Christmas tree only has plastic ornaments on it, but Miles has managed to break one of them. It was an older ornament though so it wasn't entirely his fault. He loves to smell the tree even though we have a fake tree that has no smell to it. LOL! He also loves to grab a hold of the garland I have wrapped around it and yank as hard as he can. He can be so ornery sometimes! Needless to say that doesn't happen all that often 'cause he knows he'll get in big trouble. He is a typical toddler though that has to make sure the rules stay the same from day to day!

We took Miles for a drive around last night to look at the lights. He loved it and would say, "There's another one!" when we'd approach another house with lights. He especially loved the houses that had those blowup things in their yards and also the metal reindeer that are lit up with heads that move. Any time he sees a Santa he yells, "San-Ta!" real loud. We are trying to teach him the words to Jingle Bells 'cause when my nephew was little he sang us Jingle Bells one year (I think he was 3 maybe) and it was the cutest thing ever! I'm hoping Miles will follow in Joe's footsteps.

When I was working full-time from home, I'd put the baby gate up at the bottom of our stairs so he'd have to stay on the main level with me and play. Now that I'm not working I've been leaving the gate down more and Miles LOVES having the extra space to explore. He has made some pretty big messes in his room!

I'm almost done with my Christmas gift to Miles; a blanket made out of his crib sheet from when he was an infant. I'm definitely not the world's best seamstress, but I tried. Hopefully he'll enjoy it. I've made it big enough that it could be used as a blanket on a toddler bed. Those days of transitioning him to a toddler bed are fast approaching us. I'm not looking forward to that at all!

And here are pictures to go with all of this...

Photobucket

Smelling the tree

Photobucket

Since he's not supposed to touch the tree, he likes to climb on the couch and point at all the ornaments. In this picture he has discovered the Mickey Mouse ornament.

Photobucket

Trying to get a picture of him with the tree
(almost an impossible task)

Photobucket

One of his messes in his room. He loves to take all of the books off the shelves.

Photobucket

When I walked in the room Miles was sitting on top of the dog box (which came from our bedroom down the hall). It appears that he was building a tower with his table and chairs as well.

Photobucket

Miles' blanket
The border and the back of the quilt are made out of minky which I'm using for the first time. What a learning experience!

No comments: