Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was low-key this year which was really nice! My mom has been here visiting from Kansas for the week. Miles LOVES having his "gra gra" around! We know that isn't an easy drive to make, but we are so thankful she continues to make the long haul here to see us every once in a while. We love to have her around!

Instead of preparing a big Thanksgiving meal for the four of us, we decided to have our Thanksgiving feast prepared by someone else, Tucanos. Tucanos is a great Brazilian restaurant where freshly grilled meats and vegetables are brought directly to your table for your selection. In honor of the holiday they also had turkey prepared many different ways and the traditional sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, pumpkin pie, etc. It was so nice and relaxing! I stress out way too much over preparing a big meal like that so I'm particularly thankful I didn't have to do that this year! Plus, we got extra goodies like my favorite garlic sirloin. We even sort of got to celebrate the occasion with our dear friends and neighbors who were with their family at the table right next to us. Too funny!

Photobucket

Miles particularly loves the tongs he gets to play with while at Tucanos

Photobucket

Happy Thanksgiving Dada and Miles

Photobucket

Our waitress took a family photo for us

Photobucket

Towards the end Miles had lost his patience so we
brought out his "big truck" for him to play with

Photobucket

Happy Thanksgiving Gra Gra and Mommy

Even though we had pumpkin pie at Tucanos, I decided to also make a pumpkin pie just so we'd have some to enjoy later. This was my first attempt at making a pumpkin pie completely from scratch (well, sort of...I bought pumpkin in a can and didn't prepare that straight from an actual pumpkin). Dave helped out with the crust (he pretty much did 99% of the crust actually). Our pie got rave reviews from those who ate it.

Photobucket


My dear hubby doesn't necessarily agree with this, but since it is the day after Thanksgiving we've been busy putting the tree up and making sugar cookies. I just love this time of year! I think we need to get some shatterproof ornaments this year though since we have a VERY curious 2-year-old.

Grandma leaves tomorrow so we have to get as much holiday celebrating in as we can!

No comments: