We originally were going to be the hosts for the Super Bowl party this year, but one of Dave's brothers (Zach) asked if they could host the party since they'd have a brand new kitchen by then. We agreed, but unfortunately weren't going to be able to attend their party (in Tremonton) because of Dave's work schedule at Target. As Super Bowl weekend got closer, they realized their kitchen would be nowhere near complete so we moved the party back to our house, which worked out nicely with Dave's schedule! Because Tremonton is almost two hours away, Zach, Tammy, Lily, and Tammy's brother, Chad, decided to come down Saturday and spend the night. I was super excited to have Lily here so that Miles would have a play buddy around. I unfortunately caught another cold right before they arrived so I'm sure I wasn't the greatest host in the world. Being sick makes me grumpy!
Overall I think the weekend went well. I'm sure Dave wished he could've spent more time with his family, but at least he got to see them and watch the big game together. Dave's other brother, Jake, also came over for the party. Our little house was full! Miles felt it was his responsibility to entertain everyone during the Super Bowl and got super hyper! I finally had to intervene and make him sit down and watch an episode of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on our new tablet. He definitely needed to calm down!
We took Lily and Miles to the park earlier in the day so they could run off some energy (and hopefully take a great afternoon nap) and see the ducks. They both had a great time running around. We spent the rest of our time together eating, watching movies, and playing card games. Although I probably stress out too much about hosting such events, I do enjoy it and wish it happened more often!
Here are some pictures from our weekend together.
 |
| Playing Monopoly (card game style) |
 |
| Miles with his shades |
 |
| Lily seemed to enjoy the swing that goes in circles until she got going too high |
 |
| Ducks! |
 |
| Together on the traditional swings |
 |
| Miles loves to hang like this in the baby swings |
 |
| Miles loves slides |
 |
| Lily was a little hesitant at first |
 |
| Miles loved to drag poor Lily around |
 |
| What a cutie pie! |
 |
| If only Miles could pedal they would've had a blast! |
No comments:
Post a Comment