Thursday, January 26, 2012

Free day at the zoo

During the winter months, the Hogle Zoo in Salt Lake City has free admission days on the last Wednesday of each month (Dec., Jan., & Feb.). My sister-in-law, Megan, invited us to go with them in December, but we were en route home from Kansas for the Christmas holiday. When I saw how gorgeous the weather forecast was for January's date (yesterday), I quickly looked into whether or not they were planning on going again this month. They were, so I started brainstorming how to make the timing of it all work out so that Miles could still get his desperately needed nap for the day and we could make the hour drive up and back and still allow plenty of time to see the animals. Well, Miles helped out with the nap issue. He decided to get up super early yesterday morning which meant he'd be ready for a super early nap! When he woke up around 1 p.m. we loaded up and headed to Hogle Zoo. We met Megan, Gwen, and Ira there and had a great time seeing the animals, riding the carousel, and playing on the playground equipment. I didn't dress Miles appropriately for the occasion so by the end his pants were completely soaked and pretty dirty. There was lots of snow to play with and lots of puddles to jump in. He is definitely all boy! We had a great time and Miles enjoyed seeing all of the animals. He especially loved the snakes, turtles, and carousel ride. He screamed bloody murder when the carousel ride was over!

Miles & Gwen by the BIG (fake) elephant

Mom & Miles on the carousel (don't know what I'm doing with my eyes)


(I hate the way my voice sounds on video. Anyone else feel the same about their voice on video?)

Ira & Gwen on the carousel

Miles found an iguana in the tree

Miles watching two birds fighting. He called the animals in the background "Buddy." He must've thought they looked like doggies.

Miles liked the sleeping "cat"

The turtles/tortoises seemed fairly active and Miles loved watching them

Ira, Gwen, & Miles by the giraffe

Watching the tiger

Playing on the playground
Miles loves slides!

No comments: