Christmas Break for us began on Thursday, December 22nd. This was the day we left for a very quick trip to Kansas for the Christmas holiday. Even though it was a fast trip, I'm so glad we got to go! Miles doesn't get to see that side of his family very often so any chance we have to make the long trip back to Kansas, I like to take it.
The day before we left Miles' face/eye started to look slightly swollen to me and of course I started to panic. I was nervous about sticking him in a car for two days if he had something major going on. So, I called our fantastic neighbor who is a Nurse Practitioner in a pediatric office. She was so kind and very willing to come over and check Miles out. She listed a couple of possibilities, but figured the most likely cause was an injury. She offered me the reassurance I needed! She also warned me that it could potentially look worse in the morning and it sure did!
The day before we left Miles' face/eye started to look slightly swollen to me and of course I started to panic. I was nervous about sticking him in a car for two days if he had something major going on. So, I called our fantastic neighbor who is a Nurse Practitioner in a pediatric office. She was so kind and very willing to come over and check Miles out. She listed a couple of possibilities, but figured the most likely cause was an injury. She offered me the reassurance I needed! She also warned me that it could potentially look worse in the morning and it sure did!

Our original plan was to leave fairly quickly after Miles woke up on Thursday so we could make it pretty far down the road before needing to stop for the night, but Wyoming had received some snow overnight and the roads didn't look too good. So we slowly got around and eventually headed out at about 10:30 a.m. The roads in Wyoming weren't perfect by any means, but they could've been a lot worse. During the worst parts we at least had one lane that was entirely cleared of snow. The passing lane on the other hand was pretty much snow packed. We made it as far as Cheyenne, Wyoming the first day which left us another 10 1/2 hours of driving to do on Friday. My aunt was the host for Christmas this year which meant we were heading straight to Kansas City instead of my mom's house down by Wichita, KS.
Our night in the hotel in Cheyenne was rough! Miles just wouldn't settle down and fall asleep and was still going strong at midnight. Once we all finally got to sleep, I woke up an hour or so later in sort of a panic because I couldn't breathe. The room had become so hot and I was starting to come down with a bug. Needless to say it was a rough night for all three of us.
The next day I pretty much slept most of the way (I was feeling pretty awful). Miles did a good job of staying entertained by his movies and Dave did a great job of getting us to Kansas City alive! My aunt said we all looked like raw hamburger when we arrived! That pretty much summed up the way we felt. We didn't spend too much time chatting before we all headed off to bed. Miles did not move once the entire night (which is abnormal for him)!
Our night in the hotel in Cheyenne was rough! Miles just wouldn't settle down and fall asleep and was still going strong at midnight. Once we all finally got to sleep, I woke up an hour or so later in sort of a panic because I couldn't breathe. The room had become so hot and I was starting to come down with a bug. Needless to say it was a rough night for all three of us.
The next day I pretty much slept most of the way (I was feeling pretty awful). Miles did a good job of staying entertained by his movies and Dave did a great job of getting us to Kansas City alive! My aunt said we all looked like raw hamburger when we arrived! That pretty much summed up the way we felt. We didn't spend too much time chatting before we all headed off to bed. Miles did not move once the entire night (which is abnormal for him)!




No comments:
Post a Comment