The end of July/beginning of August is a busy time of year for our family because of the amount of birthdays during a nine day period. We celebrate four birthdays during that time. My mom starts it off on July 24th, then Dave's is on July 26th, then my grandma on July 27th, and then me on August 1st. It is a lot of fun especially because we get to eat a lot of cake!!!
Before I get to the birthday pictures though I'll post the random pictures. And this means that my blog is all caught up!
 |
| One final picture of our house with the "For Rent" sign out front |
 |
| Miles sleeping in the car on the way to KS |
 |
| Having fun at the Hesston Splash Pad |
 |
| Waiting for the buckets to drop the water |
 |
| He and another little boy were having canon water fights |
And now the birthday pictures! I don't have any pictures from when we celebrated our birthdays with my dad's side of the family though. We all went out to eat and then went back to my grandparents' to visit for a while and I completely forgot to take any pictures.
 |
| Happy birthday Grandma! |
 |
| Although it doesn't look like it in this picture, Miles was helping blow out the candles |
 |
| Dave's birthday cake |
 |
| Happy birthday Dad! We celebrated about four days late. |
 |
| Happy birthday Mom! It was a long day of unpacking. |
 |
| My favorite, chocolate cake!!! |
Dave started his new job on August 2nd so we've just been settling into our new routine. Dave is excited for the students to start school. He just sits in meetings right now and those meetings seem to really wipe him out. He is pretty tired when he gets home.
We started officially potty training Miles yesterday. He has peed on the toilet here and there over the last month or so, but we didn't really force the issue because of the move. Now that we are here and I want to get him enrolled in preschool we decided it was time to make it official. He seems to enjoy being in underwear and is really proud of himself when he pees in the toilet. Yesterday he only had one accident and today he has had one accident, but I'd say that is pretty darn good! The preschool I want to enroll him in starts in two weeks and he has to be pretty much potty trained in order for him to go so I'm crossing my fingers. If we don't make it they did say he could possibly join mid-year like after their Christmas break. We'll see how it goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment