Saturday, March 23, 2013

Springtime in Kansas

As I sit here and type this, it is snowing outside. Sure doesn't feel like spring right now, but we have enjoyed a few nice days over the last few weeks. We've tried to make the most of it and get outside! Dave has been on spring break this week and has been very productive. He got a lot of spring cleaning done around the outside of the house and Miles was happy to help!

A few weeks ago Miles was in a drawing mood for some reason. I've tried over and over to get him interested in drawing and/or coloring and 100% of the time he isn't interested. I was very excited on this particular day that he wanted to draw a snowman for me and he continued to draw it over and over, almost the exact same picture. I think preschool is helping him gain a little bit of an interest in drawing...maybe.

His 1st snowman
Because he's so cute!
His 2nd snowman
All of his snowmen started with a big circle and then scribbles on each side to indicate their arms
Grandpa & Lisa got him a Del Sol shirt on their cruise a couple of months ago. He loved watching it change colors in the sun!
Miles loves to take pictures with my phone. I often find gems like this one!

I'm only about six months too late, but I finally got Miles' 3-year-old pictures done last weekend. We also had family pictures taken. I'm excited to get them back next week and will post my favorites on the blog. Miles is really ornery with me when I try to take pictures of him so I was really nervous, but the photographer at JCPenneys did a fantastic job and got some GREAT pictures of him. I can't wait to share them!

Last Wednesday we had the privilege of spending the day with my two nieces. They were both on spring break as well and it happened to be Keaghan's birthday so we offered to watch them while their mom was at work. We took them to the Hutch Zoo (a free zoo). It was a tad bit chilly, but we all had a great time. We were the only ones there so we could run around and be as silly as we wanted! The birthday girl picked lunch at Sonic. We then headed home so Miles could take a nap. We forced them to watch movies so he could sleep. After nap-time we had a little birthday party for Keaghan. Our present caused a little drama with her younger sister because it was "the coolest gift ever" and Keaghan wasn't willing to share it with her. It's hard to explain things to a 5-year-old who is the younger sister. Lol! It had warmed up a little bit so we spent the rest of our afternoon playing in the backyard. Miles was really sad when it was time to take the girls home. He really loves spending time with them!


The zoo!
Keaghan & Dave checking out the creepy crawlies
Laiken & Miles checking out the creepy crawlies
What an active snake!
Feeding the fish & ducks
Happy 7th birthday Keaghan!

Coloring the bag we got her - apparently it's not cool to show your teeth when you smile
Fun in the backyard

No comments: