As I think I've mentioned on my blog before, Dave started looking for a new job last spring (again). He loved it at Kapaun, but I just wasn't happy being back in the Wichita/Halstead area. I was open to the idea of moving to the Kansas City area, Colorado, or even Utah again. Utah did become home to me after all those years there and I missed it so much! Dave had a few interviews all over, but none of them went anywhere. We had given up on leaving the Wichita area and had even put an offer on a house in Park City, KS. That contract fell apart quickly when our realtor figured out that our mortgage guy had approved us for a loan that there was no way we qualified for (we still own the townhouse in Provo and that was a HUGE part of the issue). When that all fell apart we wondered what was next for our little family and started to try and figure that out.
Then one day in the middle of July Dave got a call from the Grand Junction, CO school district. His resume apparently had some sort of glitch and the hiring principals weren't able to see it so a lady at the district office called him to help him fix the problem. After that got all sorted out he started receiving calls from various Grand Junction principals. He set up a phone interview with Grand Junction High (where he actually did his student teaching at years ago). I stepped in and got involved and told him that I did not want him to do a phone interview and that we should just go out for a face-to-face interview...so we did.
As most of you know, the interview went well and they called to offer him the position while we were driving back to Kansas. We had like two weeks to prepare for another out-of-state move. His start date was August 1st (my birthday) for new teacher orientation. It was all too much for me to handle so we decided to go ahead and send him out alone to find us a place to live. His first long weekend would be Labor Day weekend so we agreed that would be the official big move weekend. That gave me more time to get things squared away and ready for the move.
Here are some pictures from our trip to Grand Junction for Dave's interview.
![]() |
| Hike up Dinosaur Hill |
![]() |
| Family picture |
![]() |
| Forced to pose with Mom |
![]() |
| I love this valley |
Dave found us a cute little Victorian style duplex to rent for the year in the same little town outside of Grand Junction that we lived in the last time we lived here (Fruita). We figured it was an area that we knew well and would be the best spot for our little family over the next year!




No comments:
Post a Comment