Being a work-at-home mom with two boys keeps me super busy and super exhausted! I'm not doing such a good job at keeping my blog updated (what's new, right?), but my goal is to do at least one post every month so I don't get too far behind. I also want to do Oliver's monthly post so I guess that makes at least two posts every month. We'll see how that goes.
Dave blessed Oliver in our church on Sunday, February 2nd. In our church we give babies blessings basically to get their name on the records of the church and then it gives the dads the opportunity to give them a blessing to help them out in their lives. We invited Dave's family to join us that day, but unfortunately no one was able to make it. Because of this we almost cancelled it, but decided to go ahead with it anyway. During the blessing Dave took Oliver up to the front of the church. We had talked with Miles to warn him about this event so that when Dad left with Oliver he wouldn't freak out like he's been known to do. He was a good boy and sat with me and listened to the blessing. When Dave was finished and started walking back towards our seat, Miles blurted out, "Good job Dad! Good job Dad!" I was so embarrassed, but everyone around us laughed. I think he knew that Dave was nervous about it and was so proud of his dad. He kept saying, "Good job Dad!" over and over, but I was able to convince him to lower his voice at least. In honor of the event, I decided to do a little photo shoot in his temple/blessing outfit. Below is my favorite one.

If you read my blog, then you know that I like to make ties for Miles. I even sold several of my ties when we lived in Kansas. They are super easy to make! Well, Miles has decided lately that it is fun to chew on his ties while he is in his primary class at church. I'm not sure if it is an anxiety/comfort thing or what exactly, but it's so frustrating to see them all balled up and soaking wet. They don't fully recover from it either. After searching the internet for a kid bow-tie pattern/instructions I came up with a super easy way to do them as well. And best of all, Miles can't reach them to chew on them!
To not leave Oliver out, I've been searching for a onesie that has a tie printed on it for him to wear to church because he's too little to wear an actual tie. In the past when I have seen those onesies I thought they were a cute idea. Well, I've searched and haven't had much luck. I happened to stumble across an iron-on applique at Hobby Lobby one day while looking for Valentine shirt ideas for the boys. The iron-on was of a cute little red and blue tie. It was only $1 so I figured I could just make my own...and so I did.
 |
My handsome model
|
 |
| My other handsome model |
On Thursday, February 13th, a lady in our church threw me a baby shower for Oliver. She asked me several weeks before if she could do it and I sort of discouraged it since Oliver is our second boy child. From my experience, typically showers are thrown for your firstborn and then again when you are expecting a baby that is the opposite sex of your first. She agreed with me at first, but then decided to go ahead and throw one anyway since we adopted him. Her daughter is in the process of adopting their second child so she has firsthand experience with how expensive adoptions can be, etc. She wanted to help us out anyway she could. The shower was a diaper/formula shower since we have everything else. I haven't been in our church long enough to know many people so I was amazed by the response! We got so many diapers! What a great group of women. We are so unbelievably thankful for their kindness and generosity. I'm also glad I had the chance to get to know a few of them a little bit better. I forgot to take pictures at the actual shower, but I did snap a few pictures of the loot when I got home.
 |
| Lots of size 2, 3 & 4 diapers and lots of wipes! |
 |
| A very cute Valentine's Day bouquet |
 |
| Advice written on some of the diapers (my favorite one - wake hubby & go back to sleep!) |
For Valentine's Day, Miles' preschool teacher asked that he make a box at home that could be used at school for his Valentines. While searching for box ideas, I sort of got the craft bug and ended up making several things for Valentine's Day this year. I love being crafty!
 |
| My V-day crafts: Miles' box, 3 teacher gifts, 13 friend gifts, & 2 T-shirts |
 |
| We made this for Dad to hang up in his classroom (this is unfinished, but you get the idea). Miles' hand print and Oliver's footprints |
 |
| Miles & his box (there are two Miles in his class so he is Miles K) |
 |
| Modeling his T-shirt |
 |
| Modeling his T-shirt |
 |
| My sweet boys! |
On Valentine's Day, Miles' preschool class had a party and parents were invited. As part of my present from Dave, he took the day off of work. He attended Miles' party with me and Oliver...and boy was he a HUGE help. Miles tends to get really excited and super rambunctious when Mom and Dad are around so the extra help was appreciated. For the party they got to munch on lots of good treats and then pass out their Valentines to each other. Miles was so excited to get candy! I think Miles had a lot of fun at his party, but by the end Mom and Dad were exhausted!
Dave spoiled me this year for Valentine's Day. I have such a wonderful husband! He took the day off of work to spend more time with us. Over the weekend he also slept in our extra bedroom on an air mattress with Oliver so that I could sleep undisturbed in our bed for an entire night (no night feedings of Oliver). Too bad Miles didn't get the message to stay in bed that night. Oh well, he tried! We also made a day trip to Provo to eat lunch at my favorite place, Bajio. I don't know many people that are willing to drive 3-1/2 hours one-way to treat their loved one to their favorite food! I really do have an amazing husband! All he got was that handmade wall art to hang in his classroom. Poor Dave!
As you can see, we had a wonderful month full of lots of LOVE!
No comments:
Post a Comment