Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Oliver's first "official" hair cut

After Oliver and I dropped Miles off at preschool on Tuesday, Jan. 6th, we headed to Lehi for Oliver's first official haircut. 

We've driven by a store called "Cookie Cutters" many times over the years. Being the dessert lover that I am, I thought it was a dessert store until I looked it up online. It's actually a hair salon for kids! Their website made it look like a really fun place so I thought I'd give it a try with our busy 1-year-old. The video on their website made it look like Oliver would get a certificate for his first haircut with a clipping of his hair.

He didn't get a certificate, but she did save a clipping of his hair and was super patient the entire time. He's got the cutest curls in the back and I'm not ready to cut those off, but I wanted his hair trimmed up around his ears and his eyes. She did exactly what I asked with a very wiggly little boy! He'd turn his head to look at every. single. sound. She definitely earned her pay.

He got to sit in an airplane & watch a movie & then got a sucker & a balloon at the end
The curls in the back
Trimmed up around his ears & eyes
After seeing the pictures and hearing the stories, Miles wants to get his hair cut there too!

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

We have a Cookie Cutters here in Riverton that we go to sometimes-- one of the first things we found when trying to convince our children that the move from Provo might actually be fun :)

I love Oliver's curls too! Glad you kept 'em.