My dear friend, Erin, decided to "tag" me so now I have to write six things about myself and "tag" six other people to do the same about themselves. I don't think I'm a very interesting person, but maybe some of you will enjoy this and learn something new about me?? So, here it goes...
1. I have a really bad memory and a crazy brain. My grandparents like to tease me that I'm only 28 years old and way too young to have such a bad memory, but I do. I really think Dave is going to have to take care of me later in life because I might just forget who the heck I am at age 40! Maybe I have beginning stages of Alzheimer's? An example of how weird my brain is sometimes...yesterday I was at work chatting with a patient who had just had twins. They were a product of in vitro. Since Dave and I went through in vitro last fall I had a few things to chat with her about. We were talking about all sorts of stuff including some of the comments people make to you when you struggle with infertility. She mentioned that she loves when people tell her that when she stops thinking about things or when she gives up she will get pregnant. Her husband has a physical condition that will not allow him to ever have children. She later was talking about her 3-year-old son and I opened my stupid retarded mouth and asked her if she conceived him naturally or if he was a product of in vitro! How stupid and forgetful can you be? We had just talked about how it would be a miracle and all over the news if she were to get pregnant on their own. I didn't even realize how stupid my question was until almost an hour later and then I spent the rest of the day beating myself up for being absolutely retarded!
2. I love schedules and routines. I think sometimes that maybe my behavior is a product of obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), but who knows? I like to do things a certain way, including my daily routine. My dogs know exactly when things are going to happen in the morning and evening because we do it the exact same way every day. I do my grocery shopping the exact same way as well by starting in the back of the store and working my way to the front. I can't go grocery shopping without a list either. I'm weird, I know. My favorite baby story about me told by my mother is that when I was little we were all eating dinner at the dinner table when I started to fuss (before I was talking). Her and my dad could not figure out what was wrong with me and why I wasn't happy. They finally noticed that I was reaching for or pointing at the bottle of ketchup. My mom thought that maybe, just maybe I was upset because the lid was off of the ketchup bottle (she was reaching for sure!). She decided to put the lid back on and almost instantaneously I stopped fussing. All I wanted was for the lid to be put back on the bottle.
3. I absolutely adore my husband. I may not be the best person at showing it most of the time, but I think he is fabulous. I was one of those people who thought you could not possibly know if someone was right for you unless you had dated them for forever and ever. I broke all of my own rules and got engaged really quickly and got married 4 months after we were engaged. We had only known of each other for about 6 months total. I knew the second I saw him that he was who I was supposed to marry and here we are 7 1/2 years latter...very happy and still in love!
4. This is a weird trait about me...I do not like to be touched very much. I definitely have to have my own space. My mom said that even as a baby I did not want to snuggle or be held for very long. I hardly ever initiate a hug. I will occasionally initiate a hug with my husband, but my friends are always the ones to initiate hugs with me.
5. The clock determines when I am hungry. Because of my set schedule and routines, I have also become accustomed to eating at specific times of the day. It can be 11:59 a.m. and I won't be hungry, but as soon as the clock turns to 12:00 p.m. then I'm ready for lunch. If I don't eat at those times then I get really hungry and very mean. I am the meanest person when I am hungry and I am very ashamed of it and wish I wasn't that way. Food really controls my life because I'm always thinking about what will we be doing during the time when I get hungry and how will I get food.
6. My final trait is that I love to talk and write/chat/email. As you can tell from this blog, I can go on and on about nothing.
There you have it, very long! After reading this back to myself I'm wondering if maybe I don't need some counseling. It is weird to see personal traits about yourself in writing, huh? Well, sorry this went on for so long, but I hope you all enjoyed it and learned something new.
I now tag Apryl P., Jennifer J., Beth E., Heather C., Jill C., and Tonya K.
1. I have a really bad memory and a crazy brain. My grandparents like to tease me that I'm only 28 years old and way too young to have such a bad memory, but I do. I really think Dave is going to have to take care of me later in life because I might just forget who the heck I am at age 40! Maybe I have beginning stages of Alzheimer's? An example of how weird my brain is sometimes...yesterday I was at work chatting with a patient who had just had twins. They were a product of in vitro. Since Dave and I went through in vitro last fall I had a few things to chat with her about. We were talking about all sorts of stuff including some of the comments people make to you when you struggle with infertility. She mentioned that she loves when people tell her that when she stops thinking about things or when she gives up she will get pregnant. Her husband has a physical condition that will not allow him to ever have children. She later was talking about her 3-year-old son and I opened my stupid retarded mouth and asked her if she conceived him naturally or if he was a product of in vitro! How stupid and forgetful can you be? We had just talked about how it would be a miracle and all over the news if she were to get pregnant on their own. I didn't even realize how stupid my question was until almost an hour later and then I spent the rest of the day beating myself up for being absolutely retarded!
2. I love schedules and routines. I think sometimes that maybe my behavior is a product of obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), but who knows? I like to do things a certain way, including my daily routine. My dogs know exactly when things are going to happen in the morning and evening because we do it the exact same way every day. I do my grocery shopping the exact same way as well by starting in the back of the store and working my way to the front. I can't go grocery shopping without a list either. I'm weird, I know. My favorite baby story about me told by my mother is that when I was little we were all eating dinner at the dinner table when I started to fuss (before I was talking). Her and my dad could not figure out what was wrong with me and why I wasn't happy. They finally noticed that I was reaching for or pointing at the bottle of ketchup. My mom thought that maybe, just maybe I was upset because the lid was off of the ketchup bottle (she was reaching for sure!). She decided to put the lid back on and almost instantaneously I stopped fussing. All I wanted was for the lid to be put back on the bottle.
3. I absolutely adore my husband. I may not be the best person at showing it most of the time, but I think he is fabulous. I was one of those people who thought you could not possibly know if someone was right for you unless you had dated them for forever and ever. I broke all of my own rules and got engaged really quickly and got married 4 months after we were engaged. We had only known of each other for about 6 months total. I knew the second I saw him that he was who I was supposed to marry and here we are 7 1/2 years latter...very happy and still in love!
4. This is a weird trait about me...I do not like to be touched very much. I definitely have to have my own space. My mom said that even as a baby I did not want to snuggle or be held for very long. I hardly ever initiate a hug. I will occasionally initiate a hug with my husband, but my friends are always the ones to initiate hugs with me.
5. The clock determines when I am hungry. Because of my set schedule and routines, I have also become accustomed to eating at specific times of the day. It can be 11:59 a.m. and I won't be hungry, but as soon as the clock turns to 12:00 p.m. then I'm ready for lunch. If I don't eat at those times then I get really hungry and very mean. I am the meanest person when I am hungry and I am very ashamed of it and wish I wasn't that way. Food really controls my life because I'm always thinking about what will we be doing during the time when I get hungry and how will I get food.
6. My final trait is that I love to talk and write/chat/email. As you can tell from this blog, I can go on and on about nothing.
There you have it, very long! After reading this back to myself I'm wondering if maybe I don't need some counseling. It is weird to see personal traits about yourself in writing, huh? Well, sorry this went on for so long, but I hope you all enjoyed it and learned something new.
I now tag Apryl P., Jennifer J., Beth E., Heather C., Jill C., and Tonya K.
3 comments:
That was fun to read! I think everyone is a little OCD about certain things.
Ok, so I'm tagged! I'll try to put something up in the next few days or so!
So great to learn so many things about you! I am the same way about schedules/routines. I even have to vacuum my house in a certain order and direction. The eating by the clock thing doesn't apply to me, though. I just eat constantly!
It was nice to read about you, too. And I definately think we have a lot in common. I had to try to come up with some different things to write about since I could identify with almost all of yours! And I defintaely think that's why we were friends...and are friends now....
Miss you!
Post a Comment