Of course this was also the first time we had to just relax with the nieces and nephews. They were all so fun to be around and goof off with when the opportunity presented itself. Emery in her joy of having the windows for her bedroom finished, created a celebration for Zach and myself. Deservedly so since the windows were gorgeous after the trim was completed. Zach has beat me to posting the video for this, but mine is the full movie, while his is the director's cut with no deleted scenes.
And of course we did see some (but not too much) wildlife while there.

Even though the fox came so close to Zach, his cool calm composure kept him safe (the fox that is).
This moose watched us tee off on our first round of 18 holes. I am sure if moose could laugh, it probably did. He was polite though and showed proper golf etiquette while we swung the clubs. Golf is a lot of fun. I birdied a par 3 and played 2 full rounds while there (one at 5:30 a.m and the other finishing up around 10ish p.m.). It was all fun even though, I would never make it on any tour of any kind.
Teeing off on a hole. It was ugly and disappointing. Maybe it was because Zach was videotaping this shot (or I just suck).
Man oh man was this embarrassing. Missed a 2 footer. Went right over the hole, or to the side or something like that.We also drove down to see the Portage glacier down the Seward Highway. What a beautiful drive that is. The scenery is fabulous and very picturesque. The glaciers down that way were a lovely blue color and just massive chunks.
This picture doesn't quite do it the justice it deserves. Of course, the clouds were low on this day, so the top wasn't really visible. It was still a magnificent view for me.There was so much to see and so much fun that was had, that it seems like there wasn't enough time to squeeze in all the work and fun we did. Thank heavens for 17 hours of sunlight in the days. Of course the 5:30 thing to go play basketball after staying up until midnight and being out of shape despite losing weight. I thought I was going to die! Maybe I will have to give up the ol' ball playin' after all these years and stick to golf.
Thanks Dan and Tonya for housing and feeding us and showing us around. You took great care of me while there and I had a blast. Harrison, Emery, Jack, and Aidan, you were awesome and are such great kids. Thanks for being so kind and thoughtful and fun to listen to and be around.
1 comment:
Wow. I don't think I've ever seen a Moose unless you count tv. I need to get out of Kansas...lol
Post a Comment