Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Last Frontier

Well, thanks to some wonderful people, I was able to travel to Alaska. The trip was both business and pleasure and I made sure to accomplish both while there. Thanks especially to my dear wife, usually the author on this blog, for letting me leave her home for a week. I am sure she enjoyed not having to babysit me! She is so wonderful.
While there, Zach and I helped our other brother Dan work on his house to finish a few projects that needed to be done, but just wasn't enough time for with his busy schedule. Zach and I and occasionally Dan, when he had a spare moment, put insulation in his crawl space as well as a vapor barrier, trimmed out a window to seal it up, did some plumbing, fixed a drawer in a vanity, tore down some cupboards, and put in a new kitchen sink for Dan's wife Tonya. Not being sexist there, but she is the one that wanted it more than anyone. We also made sure Dan has plenty of tools to do just about any job he would ever want imagined for him to do (Tonya, that is for you! Good luck Dan).No, I don't have a hangover and yes, I was being productive

Zach, doing what it is he did.

Proof that we also utilized Dan and the kids for the projects.

Me being safe. Notice the goggles, very protective.

If you look just right, you can see where the cabinets used to be. No more though!
Spent many hours down in that hole. Had some good times down in there working with my brother (sometimes brothers, niece and nephews).

This is the vanity that needed some good repair. Probably the cleanest job we did all week.

That was the project aspect of the trip. More to come on the good times in the days to follow. There is just too much stuff for this one post. Trying to keep it simple and unburdensome for all to read. Keep checking back for more.

No comments: