Sunday, August 2, 2009

Pioneer & Birthday

Sorry this is a week late! I knew Dave never should've promised his family a post with pictures coming soon. I think he jinxed us! We've had a "broken" computer all week and finally had to reinstall Windows in order for it to work properly. I've started a new job and their software and our wireless card didn't like each other, but it took us an entire week to figure that one out! Not something that us or their IT guy even imagined would be the problem, go figure! So, here is what happened in our lives last weekend...

July 24th is a state holiday in Utah (Pioneer Day) so we decided to celebrate it in our own small way. We spent about $2 on fireworks and put on a nice little show in our backyard.

Dave trying to write "hello" with a sparkler


My sparkler creation




After our 24th of July celebration on Friday, we spent the rest of the weekend in the mountains. We hadn't been camping yet in Utah this summer so we thought it would be nice to get away. We both enjoy camping a lot and enjoy the peace and quiet of the mountains. We also celebrated Dave's birthday (7/26).


We bought Buddy a sweater so he won't freeze on our camping adventures! Missy has a pink one too, but she doesn't need it as much as he needs his.

Dave cooking me breakfast on his birthday! I'm a mean wife, I know!

Happy 31st birthday Dave!


Make a wish!

Dave took this picture and sent it to all of his family. He was so proud of his pre-fire creation. I figured he would want it on here as well!

We had the best birthday dinner, steak and potatoes! This is a little oven contraption that we used to bake the potatoes in. They turned out perfect! The steak was the best steak we've had in a long time as well. It was a GREAT meal!

Dave texting while building his fire

The camper. Isn't it such a pretty camping spot?

Missy's favorite spot while camping, under the camp chairs

Buddy in his favorite spot

Doesn't it look like Dave's head is on fire?

A man and his fire!

4 comments:

Juannaelmi said...

The wait was well worth it for the fireworks!
Looks like you had a great time camping!

Jacob K. said...

Man oh man, what a firework extravaganza! Ptew! Ptew! Ptew! (firework noises)

Anonymous said...

Man how did you take those sparkler pics? Those are cool. This is the most picturey blog I have ever seen in my life. Well done neighbors. Well bloody done.

Unknown said...

Hello again. Looks like your husband had a great birthday. Nice fire...lol you have cute dogs. It seems to me that I'm older then everyone...how does that happen? I swore I'd stop again at 29.