Tuesday, February 16, 2010

First time

We gave Miles some rice cereal for the first time last night! Our pediatrician recommended that we wait until he is 6 months old before starting cereal and/or baby food, but we just couldn't wait another month. He never seems fully satisfied with just formula (probably because he is such a big boy) and I type medical reports all the time of 4 month olds starting cereal so we decided to give it a try. I was secretly hoping he would sleep longer last night with some cereal in his tummy, but no such luck. He still woke up around the "normal" time wanting another bottle. He did a lot better with the cereal than I thought he would, but he did provide us some good laughs in the process. Below is a video of his first bite. I was totally unprepared and had a dead camera battery (I'm such a bad mom, I know) so Dave was only able to get about 27 seconds of his first experience. He did end up eating all of the cereal that I had prepared (which wasn't too much) and seemed to not think it was all that bad towards the end. A good friend recommended that we mix the cereal with his formula instead of water and I think that really helped. I'm sure it had somewhat of a familiar taste to it.



The very final face he gives before the camera dies is priceless!

No comments: