Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day & 5 months old

Happy Valentine's Day to all of you! I hope you have a great day spending time with your loved ones! Also today Miles' turns 5 months old. As mentioned previously, he is changing so much every day and is learning and growing in leaps and bounds. He continues to bring so much joy to our life! We can hardly wait for April 1st to get here so we can become an eternal family. Yay!

I've had a fantastic Valentine's Day. Last night Dave treated me to an evening out while our dear friends and neighbors (Wes & Michelle) watched Miles. With this being RSV season we haven't done a whole lot lately and have tried to keep Miles at home and out of public as much as possible, so it was VERY nice to get out and have a nice dinner together (Olive Garden) and to watch a sappy romance movie in the theater (Valentine's Day). Dave also treated me to breakfast in bed this morning and he got up early with Miles so that I could sleep in. What a GREAT guy, huh? I'm so lucky to have found such an amazing man who loves me despite my many weaknesses and who supports me in all things. I love him so much! For Valentine's Day I got him the new Super Mario Bros. game for the Wii. Not very romantic I know, but he was hooked after playing it a while back with his brother.

Even our normally "non-snugly with each other" dogs were snuggling this Valentine's Day (maybe because Dave gave them their "spring" haircuts and it is definitely not spring around here yet)

Now, on to Miles....


Here is a list of some of the new things Miles accomplished this month:
  • He is getting closer and closer to being able to sit on his own. He is figuring out how to balance. Once he starts to fall he hasn't quite figured out how to catch himself yet.
  • He loves putting his face real close to our faces and then puts his hands on our faces. We are trying to teach him how to be "soft" because we have many scratches all over our faces because he likes to pinch and grab our skin. Not fun! He also loves to play with mom's hair and dad's glasses.
  • He learned how to roll from his back to his tummy. He hasn't quite figured out how to roll from his tummy to his back though which seems a little odd to me, but what do I know. Dave thinks maybe babies learn how to roll from back to tummy first in preparation for crawling???
  • When on his tummy he is trying to figure out how to push up to his knees, the beginning stages of learning how to crawl! So exciting!
  • His sleeping pattern/habits drastically changed this month. After doing lots of research, I found out that this is a typical age for sleeping to change. We decided that his binky was causing more problems than doing any good so we took it away and did some "sleep training" at night and now he will sleep for 8 to 9 hours straight. He is only taking one bottle in the middle of the night. Mom and Dad couldn't be happier to be getting more much needed sleep and Miles doesn't seem to even miss his binky.
  • He is definitely "talking" more and more. He LOVES for people to talk to him and will carry on a conversation with anyone who will listen.
  • He caught a cold this month and was very grumpy and seemed to be having a hard time breathing so he got to visit the after-hours clinic for the first time. We were glad to find out he did not have RSV, an ear infection, or anything else more serious than a cold.

2 comments:

Que and Brittany's Adoption Journey said...

I love that Mario game for the Wii!

Liam is having binkie problems too-- how did you get Miles to stop sleeping with his? His sleeping patterns are weird right now too and we think it's a binkie-related problem.

Elaine Shandra said...

Happy Valentine's Day! I'm glad you had some great celebrating. We should get together soon for some fun in the sun!