Wednesday, June 1, 2011

How we kicked off the summer

Dave is done teaching for the year! Yippee! I couldn't be more excited! For two weeks we'll get to enjoy life with him only working one (part-time) job. He then will start teaching summer school which will only last for two weeks and is only for a few hours a day. It'll be nice to have him around more.

We decided to kick off the summer by going to the Hogle Zoo in Salt Lake City this morning. Since moving to Utah we had yet to visit. Dave says he went as a child, but it was so long ago that he couldn't remember details. Miles loves to see all the animals on his "movies" that he watches so I assumed he'd love the zoo. That kid is easy to please. Give him the opportunity to run around and explore new things and he is as happy as a lark!

My mom asked me if there was anything in particular that he liked and I couldn't think of something that stood out. I think he just enjoyed seeing everything. We rode the train and he loved that. He loves to say, "choo choo" when he hears the train in our neighborhood so it was fun for him to get to ride on one. We also had perfect timing in seeing the elephant show. We got to see the baby elephant, Zuri. She is 2 years old and is dang cute!

We were only there for a few hours, trying to squeeze it all in before nap-time. I think we managed to see almost everything. We also couldn't leave without getting him a souvenir. As a child I had a stuffed polar bear as a souvenir from a zoo trip. Miles picked out a stuffed giraffe. We also scored big because they were 50% off. Yea for mom and dad!

"Look at the Raven"

Miles among the prairie dogs

Playing on the playground

Train ride

"Ooooo"

Posing by the elephant

It's Zuri!

Watching the show

Christie, Zuri, and their trainer

Posing by the rhinos

This guy was walking right above our heads

Miles' reaction to having a "cat" above him

I was lucky to get a profile pic of Miles. He was interested in that giraffe.

Hangin' out

He loves his new stuffed animal!

2 comments:

Joey said...

we were at hogle zoo today too. got there about 11 . fun times!

Juannaelmi said...

Looks like a blast! Enjoy your summer!