Last Saturday Miles participated in his first official race! Our neighbors organize the Fun Run 4 Kids every year to raise money for children in Africa. It is a 5K race for adults and they also have races for children. Miles was in the 0-2 year old group and ran the 100 meter dash. I was so excited for him to participate because as most of you know, he doesn't walk anywhere, he only runs. When the kids started lining up for his race, I got a tad bit nervous because he started to get grumpy. We ended up at the back of the pack because he wasn't cooperating. But after the race started Miles quickly made his way towards the front of the pack. With that age group most of them headed off in their own direction, etc. It was so much fun to watch and be a part of. When we got close to the finish line and everyone was cheering, Miles got a little spooked by it all, but as long as I was running in front of him he kept following me. When we crossed the finish line the lady asked for his name so I knew he had placed, but I wasn't sure in what position. The boys and girls ran together, but they had 3 winners for the boys and 3 winners for the girls. During the award ceremony I learned that he had gotten 2nd place! Yea Miles! He got a fancy medal that he refused to let the lady put around his neck. He also got to pick out a prize and picked a bucket full of toys to play with in the sand.
While we waited for the other kids races to happen (we rode to the park with a neighbor who had entered her kids in the races too) I got my workout in. The race was held at a park up Provo Canyon. The Provo River runs through that park and it was booming! Miles, of course, was interested in the river so he kept running over to it to check it out. I'm such a worry wart and was afraid he'd jump in and we'd never see him again. It was a tad bit stressful to say the least!
While we waited for the other kids races to happen (we rode to the park with a neighbor who had entered her kids in the races too) I got my workout in. The race was held at a park up Provo Canyon. The Provo River runs through that park and it was booming! Miles, of course, was interested in the river so he kept running over to it to check it out. I'm such a worry wart and was afraid he'd jump in and we'd never see him again. It was a tad bit stressful to say the least!
No comments:
Post a Comment