Saturday, May 21, 2011

Pond-front property

Apparently we purchased pond-front property and didn't even know it! We've had so much rain this spring. The last storm that made its way through dumped on us and the field behind our house looked like this when I woke up Friday morning.


By the end of the day the sun made its appearance and this little pond was full of people having a good time. It appeared to me as if it might be about 3 feet deep based on where it was hitting the adults who stood in the middle of the pond. Apparently there used to be a pond there several years ago and it was decided for safety reasons to drain it and fill it in. We've been here for almost five years and not once have I seen water in that corner of the field. This definitely explains the big rocks that I've never understood the placement of.

A guy was busy pumping out the water last night and today we have a much smaller pond. We still have tons of people gathering to play in it though. I know I'm weird, but that doesn't at all sound appealing or sanitary!

No comments: