Sunday, May 22, 2011

Lawyers are Taking Over My Family

As of May 14th, 2011 I have 2 brothers that have completed the daunting task of law school. Congrats to the 2nd for finishing up and graduating on that day! It was a fun but short trip to go and see him and his awesome accomplishment. I took Miles with me so that he could hang with my family that he doesn't get to see all that often. Holly got to stay at home and have some peace and quiet for a day or 2.

Miles and I flew into Spokane the evening of Friday the 13th. Miles did great on both flights and was a fairly good traveler overall. We got into Moscow, ID around 10:30 (11:30 in our heads) and put Miles straight to bed. We both got up around 7:30 Saturday morning and went out to the living room of my brother's house. The pictures below help tell the story of the time in Moscow and the graduation.

Miles and his cousins sitting down to a lovely breakfast to get the day started off right.

My sister decided before the graduation ceremony that I needed 2 eyebrows instead of just one. I tried to convince her that it would be okay and that I needed to take care of my son, but she viciously attacked and I was without choice. (Miles was fine playing)

Once we got into the building for the graduation ceremony, we ended up on the 3rd floor balcony of the student center food court to allow the kids to run around during the ceremony (which worked out nicely for the kids, but I still don't know what really happened). Miles was infatuated with this statue in the space where we were. His smile is adorable, so that is why I put this in.

Of course when the camera comes out, he wants it. He is a determined little kid. He of course didn't sit through any of the graduation. I am still trying to recoup some energy from that adventure.

This is my little brother (the JD) after a long drawn out ceremony (he would agree). He was probably more relieved than us since he was in the robe and all. In reality, it is always a relief to be done with school.

In all my mother and 5 of us kids and some of our families were able to make it. It was great to get as many of us together as we did. With such a large family, it is quite a feat.

It was a short, but great trip. Miles, my mom and I left first thing the next morning to fly home. We ended up on the same flight. It was nice having my mom available to help out. Thanks, mom! Plus Miles got some time to get to know her better. Miles did great and for that I was very grateful.

1 comment:

Juannaelmi said...

Hey, can you e-mail me the family pic. I didn't get one on my camera.
I still say two is better than one and you looked like a new man.