I've been wanting a nice cake stand for a while. I was hoping to find one that would become a family heirloom and one that we used for everyone's birthday cakes now that I'm obsessed with making cakes from scratch! After looking around at different cake stands I realized that I didn't want to spend the money for most of them because I couldn't personalize them. After hearing about a local pottery studio (Color Me Mine) from a couple of friends, I thought it might be nice to check it out and see if they had a cake stand that we could paint ourselves. So, after a very nice anniversary dinner at Olive Garden Dave kindly agreed to take me to Color Me Mine to check it out. I know it was probably the last thing on his list of fun things to do to celebrate our anniversary, but he is a great guy and went along...and even helped me paint! He didn't have much say in the matter though...LOL!
We decided to paint a fairly basic design on the cake stand. We decided to paint it using our wedding colors; periwinkle and yellow. The base or main paint color is the periwinkle and the accent swirls are yellow. After we decorated it they then dipped it in a clear glaze and fired it which in turn makes the paint a more vibrant color. Because of this process, we can't pick it up until Monday though. I'm so excited to see the final product and can hardly wait for Monday to come!
Here are a few pictures of our masterpiece!
We decided to paint a fairly basic design on the cake stand. We decided to paint it using our wedding colors; periwinkle and yellow. The base or main paint color is the periwinkle and the accent swirls are yellow. After we decorated it they then dipped it in a clear glaze and fired it which in turn makes the paint a more vibrant color. Because of this process, we can't pick it up until Monday though. I'm so excited to see the final product and can hardly wait for Monday to come!
Here are a few pictures of our masterpiece!
1 comment:
How fun! If you want another one, we should throw one on my pottery wheel!
Post a Comment