Monday, July 25, 2011

Weekend in KC part 2

After our swimming adventures with Aunt Cathy, Dave and I got ready for our date night at the NKOTBSB (New Kids on the Block/Backstreet Boys) concert. I've been trying to get Dave to attend a NKOTB event with me for a couple of years now and he, rightfully so, has refused until now. I'm so glad he finally agreed to go with me. I had a blast and it was great having him by my side. He is a GREAT guy! He is such a goof too. He'd scream right along with us crazy girls every once in a while (especially when Donnie ripped off his shirt!). Below are some pictures and videos from our evening. I know there are a ton, but I had a hard time limiting them. Between the two of us (we both had cameras) we got a lot of pictures that night!

Opening act - Matt Morrison from Glee

Proof that Dave was there



The beginning of the show

NKOTB

So happy to be there!
We had pretty good seats - row 5 from the end of the stage



I'm such a dork!

NKOTB

NKOTBSB

NKOTB

Joe McIntyre

BSB

BSB

NKOTB

Jordan Knight in the crowd behind us

Donnie Wahlberg



Kansas City love

A hat signed by Donnie*

*One of the bigwigs with NKOTB came up to a guy who was sitting in front of us during the concert. This guy had very visible scars from what looked like a very bad burn covering all of his visible body. This guy was a very proud BSB fan and would sing and scream along whenever they were on stage. The bigwig asked him and the lady that was with him a few questions and then disappeared. A few minutes later he came back with a signed ball cap from Donnie Wahlberg. Donnie must have noticed him out in the audience and decided to do that for him. How sweet! It really made me smile even bigger. Later in the concert this guy started screaming for NKOTB and the lady who was with him leaned over and asked, "I thought you didn't like these guys?" We couldn't quite hear his response, but by his body language you could tell that he had changed his mind. That was a fun moment to be a part of!

On Sunday we had lunch with some of my aunt and uncle's friends that we've met on past skiing trips. They recently moved from Arizona to Kansas so it was fun to see them in Kansas. They also got to meet Miles for the first time. After Miles' nap we met one of my friends from high school, Mike, and his family at a frozen yogurt place (yummy!) for a quick visit and then headed back to my mom's house in Halstead. The weekend went entirely too fast, but we had a great time!

No comments: