Saturday, May 5, 2012

Fun times together

Last weekend was a perfect weekend in my book. Dave had the entire weekend off and the weather was beautiful. We spent Saturday morning getting our weekend "chores" done, but once little man woke up from his nap we were off and running to do fun things together as a family. I was in the mood for a nice hike. Our favorite place to go up in the mountains is still closed for the season, so instead we went up to Rock Canyon. We've only been there one other time and it was to take pictures for our adoption profile a couple of years ago. 

We all had a really good time. Dave and I realized how out of shape we are while Miles enjoyed tasting all of the rocks! I kid you not...this kid LOVES to still put everything in his mouth. I thought he'd outgrow that phase by now??? I guess not. We also ran into our neighbor, Wes, while hiking around up there. It was too funny because there are lots of different trail options to take and we picked the exact same options that Wes did. How ironic. We chatted with him for a bit and then headed back home for supper.

Eating rocks
Climbing rocks
After our bellies were full we decided to drive up to look out point (I don't really know the official name of the place) so we could show Miles the valley that we live in. Miles isn't a fan of heights and so he was a little hesitant, but I think he enjoyed seeing everything from that perspective. We had hoped to be there to see the sun set behind the mountains, but we were just a tad bit late. It was really getting chilly too so we didn't stay long.


It was nice just spending time together enjoying the beautiful scenery that we have all around us. We definitely need to do more of that!

1 comment:

Juannaelmi said...

Putting things in their mouth doesn't fully ever leave, at least not with my kids, but seemed more prevalent until age 3.
It looks like you guys had a great day up there!