I'm a bit late in posting this, but that is my life these days! We had a good Halloween this year. I had no inspiration on what Miles should be for Halloween until the week before Halloween. I had decided I would just dress him up in the same costume he wore last year, but it finally struck me that maybe he should be a puppy dog since he LOVES to act like our dog, Buddy. Especially when we come home from work. Miles will greet us at the door in the same manner that Buddy does. It is a big production! He definitely had/has the part down!
The Sunday evening before Halloween we invited Grandma over and carved our pumpkins. I pulled up pictures of pumpkin faces on the laptop and Miles picked out the one he wanted. With Mom and Dad's help, his pumpkin turned out pretty good. Grandma used a fairly complicated pattern and it turned out really cool. Dave did his traditional "design your own" creation and I used a very simple pattern I found online. We had fun playing with the "yucky" guts and spending time together as a family.
Yucky pumpkin guts
Top left: Dave's, top right: Holly's, bottom: Miles'
Grandma's
The day before Halloween was Miles' Halloween party at his preschool. I took some time off of work so that I could be in attendance at his party. I'm glad my new job is flexible enough that I can do things like that! He had a great time doing new and fun things with his class. We went trick-or-treating to a house in the neighborhood and then went back to his classroom to change out of costumes and read fun books, have fun desserts, and play fun Halloween games. It was a good morning minus one little tantrum Miles threw when I wouldn't allow him to have one more piece of Tootsie Roll. I'm such a mean mom!
Such a cute puppy dog!
Trick-or-treating with Mom
I love the tail!
Trick-or-treat!
Reading books
My office had a Halloween lunch party and anybody who wanted to dress up was encouraged to, but I'm not creative enough nor do I really have the desire to dress up so I didn't. Party pooper, I know! One of my staff made this cake. It was entirely too real for me to even try it. Gross!!!
Cat litter cake
Our church held a Trunk-or-Treat on Halloween. It also involved a pot-luck and games for the children. I was afraid Miles wouldn't make it through all of the festivities before becoming completely overwhelmed, but he made it and I think it was only because Keaghan and Laiken were there to help entertain him. He LOVES those girls! I didn't manage to get any pictures of the pot-luck or the games because Miles was one busy little man. Then it was entirely too dark to take any pictures by the time the trunk-or-treat started. Miles got quite the haul of candy and will have enough to make it through the next several months unless Dad manages to eat it all for him!
No comments:
Post a Comment