Friday, November 8, 2013

Miles' 4th Birthday

Miles got to celebrate his birthday twice this year! Before Miles and I left for Colorado we decided to have a little get-together with some of our Kansas family and friends. On Friday, September 6th we had a party at the park with cake and presents. It turned out to be a very hot and windy day so most of my plans for decorations and the cake didn't quite turn out like I wanted. Every year I say I'm never going to throw another party because it stresses me out so much because I want things to be perfect, but every year I go ahead and do it for Miles' sake. I think he has fun and appreciates the effort so that is all that matters, right? Miles got some new toys and a couple of new shirts. He was very excited, but kept asking me why people had brought him those things. I guess getting presents for your birthday isn't something he understands quite yet!

Miles and two of his favorite girls in the world (and the infamous Lightening McQueen balloon that ended up in the tree thanks to the girl on the left! Ha!)
His cake
He loves Cars and especially this scene in the movie
The gang
Opening presents
Aunt Johanna, Keaghan, & Miles' new toys!
On Miles' actual birthday (September 14th) we were together again as a family and just spent the entire day doing things Miles likes to do. The night before we set up his presents and threw some balloons around on the floor. When he came downstairs the morning of his birthday it was almost like Christmas morning for him!


A new bike!
Hiking on the Monument
Such a fun place to hike around
Family picture


He liked looking at the cacti

Lightening and Mater cupcakes!

*Ignore our lovely singing!*

Grand Junction High football game
Miles took this family picture!
I think Miles enjoyed his 4th birthday...I know I did! It's hard to believe that he's been apart of our lives for four years already! We love him so much and are so thankful he's ours! He's taught us so much about life and we'll forever be grateful for him. We love you little man!

2 comments:

Emily said...

He is getting so big! I loved that video, he's so stinking cute, it was fun to watch him be so excited about the balloons. And I love that he called the gun a shooter. Happy Birthday, Miles! Miss you guys!!

Elaine Shandra said...

Aw! I love his little voice and expressions! So cute! He's so big too!