Thursday, November 7, 2013

Our Summer ~ Part 9

August was a LONG month for the three of us! Having Dave in Grand Junction and Miles and I in Halstead getting ready for the move was rough. Miles and I missed Dave so much that we had to break the month up and make a trip out to Grand Junction middle of the month. It felt sort of weird to visit Dave in our new house (that we had never seen before), but then return again to Halstead. Miles even mentioned to me several times that he wanted to go back to "Daddy's house." Dave also had no furniture with him; just a couple of air mattresses and a couple of camp chairs. We had talked about selling some of our furniture before the move so while we were in Grand Junction we decided to go ahead and buy a new couch so that at least Dave had that to sit on! So far we're very pleased with our couch purchase. It's our first time having leather so we'll see.

New couch - empty living room
Skyping with Grandma - telling her all about our new house

Labor Day weekend was the BIG weekend for us! We flew Dave in for the weekend, rented and loaded the moving truck, and then sent Dave on his way back to Colorado. I had an appointment that Miles and I needed to stay in Kansas for so we didn't get to leave for Colorado right away, but we joined Dad about a week later. Thankfully some of Dave's family made the trip from Utah to Grand Junction to help him unload the moving truck. He really appreciated the help!

Every inch was full
 

Accepted Offer!
I can't remember if I ever mentioned it on the blog, but my mom got her house sold during all of this as well. She was scheduled to close on it two days after we moved out in early September. Perfect timing! Because Miles and I stayed in town we were able to help clean the house and get it ready for the new owners. It's been such a relief to my mom to get that ol' house sold and I'm glad it all happened when we were moving out that way she didn't have to worry about it being empty and for sale, etc. What a blessing.

And that's it for our summer series! Coming up next: Miles' 4th birthday!

No comments: