October was a full and eventful month for us. I love the fall and all of the activities that go with it!
Every year I like to take Miles to a pumpkin patch to pick out our pumpkins for the front porch. I did some research on pumpkin patches in the Grand Junction/Fruita area and on October 13th we decided to try out one that wasn't too far from our house. They had miniature horses to ride, a HUGE trampoline-like thing, a hay-rack ride, slides, and the list goes on and on. They also had pumpkins out in the field. We were there for a few hours and Miles enjoyed every minute of it and, of course, didn't want to leave. I'd say his favorite activity was the trampoline-like thing. He had a blast bouncing around on it!
 |
| So excited to be riding a horse! |
 |
| Perfect activity for an active little boy |
Determination!
 |
| A really big slide |
 |
| Dad even joined in on the fun! |
 |
| Our pumpkins and a tired boy |
Kids make Halloween fun! This year was especially fun because Miles was old enough to understand things more and even had an opinion as to what he wanted to be for Halloween. He told us sometime in September that he wanted to be a bat. At first I was resistant to it and kept asking him at random times what he wanted to be for Halloween hoping he'd change his mind, but he stuck to the bat idea the entire time. I turned to Pinterest and Google for ideas because all we could find in the stores were Batman costumes. Miles has no clue who Batman is and he just wanted to be a bat. I was also resistant to making his costume because I knew my time would be limited, but when I found the idea/pattern that I wanted to use, I figured it was doable and actually got excited about the end result. I think it turned out well and I know Miles loved it! He even got to use his costume three times. I think because I had put in the work to make it, I wanted him to get lots of use out of it.
 |
| I love how this picture turned out in the back alleys of downtown Newton, KS |
 |
| Trick-Or-Treating in downtown Newton, KS - I love the idea of Trick-Or-Treating in the daylight at an activity like the Safe Walk that Newton puts on every year |
 |
| Grandma came with us |
 |
| The Newton Ward's Trunk-Or-Treat (that got rained out!) - the girls were beautiful butterflies! |
 |
| On Halloween my grandpa and I took Miles around to a few houses in their neighborhood |
 |
| Sooooo excited to get some candy! |
Time got away from us and we didn't get our pumpkins carved that we purchased at the pumpkin patch in Grand Junction, but Grandma had some foam pumpkins that she wanted us to help her carve when we got to Kansas. I wasn't sure how I felt about foam pumpkins, but they weren't too bad to carve (and had less slimy stuff to deal with). Now she has three cute pumpkins to set out year after year after year. Hopefully she doesn't get sick of the designs we all chose!
 |
| Grandma carving her pumpkin |
 |
| Miles helped by playing with the reject pieces |
 |
| From left to right: Mine, Miles', & Grandma's |
No comments:
Post a Comment