Sunday, November 2, 2014

Miles turns 5

Miles' birthday was Sept. 14th. I really can't believe we have a 5-year-old in our house! One more year and he'll be going off to kindergarten. It's insane how quickly time flies.

Miles has been asking for a volcano cake for his birthday for a VERY long time. Every time I would show him a picture of a volcano cake that I had found online, he'd get excited and think that I was going to make it right now and that it was his birthday. He had a hard time waiting until Sept. for his cake. Thanks to Pinterest I found an "easy" recipe for a volcano cake on the Food Network. Miles seemed to approve (although I think he really wanted the cake to explode, not just smoke) so that is what he got for his birthday. It called for red velvet cake, but we went with strawberry cake at Miles' request. We also bought some small dragons to set around on the volcano since he is really into dragons these days as well.



It leaned so we had to prop up one side - getting it from our house to the park was a trick too
The birthday boy and his cake
We remembered the dragons eventually - all of the icing was melting off
We had his party at a local park on Saturday, Sept. 13th. He really wanted everyone to come to our house for the party, but our townhouse is just too small in my opinion. He was relentless though and kept inviting everyone over! He, of course, was only really interested in opening his presents. After his presents were open he really wanted to go home so he could play with his new toys.

Eating pizza
The gang
Opening presents


Dragons!
Those who came to celebrate with Miles
Cousins!
We do appreciate everyone who made the effort to drive down to Provo to celebrate with us! Miles loves seeing his family and often talks about how much he misses everyone!

Playing with his new toys at home
New bedding for his bed - monsters!
On Sunday (his actual birthday) we spent the day together as a family. At the end of the day, I thought it would be nice for Miles and I to have some mother/son time together up in the mountains. We drove up to a look out point where you can see our entire valley. It's such a pretty spot. We watched the sun set behind the mountains and then headed home. It was nice to have some time with Miles hiking around and enjoying the beauty of where we live! He seemed to enjoy some extra time with mom.

Selfie
King of the rock!
Our valley
We are so thankful for our big 5-year-old and can't wait to see what the next year has in store for him!

1 comment:

Richards Family said...

Wow, I can't believe he is 5. How the time flies! He is sure a cutie!