January was a pretty slow month for our family. February was a bit busier. Like I've mentioned before, we've had a very rough winter in our house when it comes to illnesses! It seems like once a "bug" works its way through all four of us, then we start again with another "bug." We currently are dealing with a stomach "bug" that has gone through Miles and now poor Oliver is dealing with it. I'm hoping the adults don't get this stuff. I'm SO ready to be done with this winter and to move on to spring and hopefully (knock on wood) better health for our little family!!!
This post will contain lots of pictures so here we go...
Random shopping trips - The boys love riding in carts together when they can!
 |
| One of our delicious eMeals dinners |
We eat out way too much. I just don't enjoy cooking but sure wish I did. We subscribed to a service called eMeals to see if it would help. For a very nominal monthly fee, they send you weekly menus with a grocery shopping list. There are several different menus to choose from. We originally picked the "kid friendly" menu. Until I got sick in February, we did a much better job at eating at home more. It makes it much easier when you don't have to think about what to cook every single day.
 |
| Traffic jam - I love his imagination! |
We got to watch this cutie one day in January. Miles was so excited to have a little girl in the house. He kept saying, "She's so cute!" He also wanted to keep her! He was pretty upset when her mom came and picked her up at the end of the day. Oliver, on the other hand, didn't know what to think of her. At first he'd run to the kitchen to hide from her, but he eventually warmed up to her. It was funny watching him.
 |
| Such a cutie! |
Valentine's Day:
 |
| Miles' Valentine's for his classmates |
One of our neighbors invited us over for a cookie decorating party to celebrate Valentine's Day. By this point Oliver had come down with a cold and had a horrible runny nose, but I was so tired of being cooped up in the house so we went to the party. I'm so glad we did! Miles and Oliver had a blast playing with the toys (and the other kids) and I enjoyed chatting with the other moms. What a fun tradition!
 |
| Decorating his cookie |
 |
| The finished product |
 |
| Playing |
 |
| My card from Dave - he proposed in a similar manner |
My mom came out for a visit at the end of February. By then Dave and I were suffering from a cold that both of the boys had had already. It was a nasty cold that lasted about three weeks in each of us. So, we weren't the best hosts during her visit because we didn't feel so hot. She was a huge help with the boys though and allowed us the opportunity to rest! We did manage to do one fun thing while she was here. Miles loved riding the train up to Salt Lake when we did it last fall and my mom loves riding on trains so we thought that would be a fun thing to do with her. This time we just rode the train up to Salt Lake and then rode it home. It was only about two hours round trip. We figured the boys could handle that much better than what we tried to do in the fall. Miles got a little whiny towards the end of the trip, but I think he had fun. My mom seemed to have a good time as well.
 |
| Waiting for the train to take us back to Provo |
 |
| He just melts my heart! |
 |
| It was a little chilly and Miles wasn't happy about that |
 |
| On the train ride home |
 |
| The boys love their grandma! |
Miles started complaining about a sore in his mouth. When I looked in his mouth to check it out, I quickly realized that he had an adult tooth coming in on the bottom behind his baby tooth. There was a fairly large gap between the two and his baby tooth was solid as a rock (not wiggly at all). I called his dentist and they recommended that I bring him in to have his baby tooth extracted. After the dentist looked at it he said that the other adult tooth was close to coming in as well so he decided to pull all FOUR of the front bottom teeth! I was SUPER nervous about how Miles would handle all of it, but he surprised me. He freaked out during the numbing process, but the dentist and his assistant were able to get him calmed down. He then was a champ during the extraction! His baby teeth still had their entire root. The dentist was surprised because he said they should've been at least halfway dissolved by now. He was glad that I brought Miles in. Now his teeth will have a better chance of coming in straight. Miles only needed ibuprofen the first day and acted like nothing had happened the second day. The dentist said it would take several days before he was pain-free. I have decided that Miles has a high tolerance for pain! The tooth fairy visited Miles that night and brought him $1 per tooth. He was so excited to go spend his money. He found a dragon at Target that was under $4. I was amazed!
 |
| Right after the extraction |
 |
| His bloody gums |
With all of our illnesses, the boys sleeping in the same room just wasn't working out as well as it was shortly after we got Miles his new bed. Miles would cough and wake Oliver up, etc. Oliver is such a light sleeper. I want a third bedroom so bad but know that it isn't going to happen anytime soon so I started thinking about other options. We looked at sofabeds for several weeks before we decided to go ahead and make a purchase. We found one that has a memory foam mattress (it's pretty comfortable) and was a heck of a deal (it's not a color I would normally choose, but it was the floor model and all they had). Our plans are to at least have it for when guests come to visit, but we can also use it as our bed when the boys are sick, etc. and aren't sleeping in the same room. It's nice to have the option. Now we have to decide if we are going to get rid of our old couch or just have lots of places to sit in our little living room.
 |
| Our old & new couches (the white one is the new one) |
Oliver had his 15 month checkup on February 25th. I put his stats from this appointment on the previous post. Basically he is doing well and is developing like he should. He has slowed down on his growth, but he's still a big boy! He had so much fun playing with the paper that goes on the exam table while we waited for his doctor to come to the room!
 |
| Everything goes in his mouth these days |
And that was January and February!
No comments:
Post a Comment