Before my surgery was scheduled, we had been planning a weekend trip to Tremonton to visit Dave's family and to attend Lily's birthday party. After I found out that I was going to be having surgery, I suggested that Dave take the boys to Tremonton without me so that I could have a nice quiet house all weekend long to recover in and they could still have a little weekend get-away. The surgery center highly recommended that another adult supervise for me for 24 hours. At the end of those 24 hours Dave loaded the boys up and headed out.
They were having so much fun that they decided to stay an extra day and didn't come home until Monday afternoon. I missed my boys dearly, but I was SO thankful for a quiet house to relax in. The pain pills I took for the first several days pretty much knocked me out so I essentially slept almost the entire time they were gone. I tried to watch a couple of cheesy chick flicks but ended up falling asleep during them.
They, on the other hand, had lots of fun! As I've said a million times, Miles absolutely adores his cousin Lily. They are only about 6 months apart in age. He has loved her from day one. I think Miles overwhelms her sometimes, but overall they are good buddies.
Here are some pictures that Dave took of their weekend away.
![]() |
| Lily's cake - Tammy is amazing! |
![]() |
| Oliver enjoying his pancakes |
![]() |
| Heading out for a hiking adventure |
![]() |
| Selfie time |
![]() |
| I think they went to a place called Locomotive Springs to hike |
I think all three boys had fun visiting some of the Kents, but they were all exhausted when they got home!





No comments:
Post a Comment