Sunday, June 7, 2015

Mother's Day

My mom was in town this year for Mother's Day. It was fun being able to share the day with her! My mom loves to watch movies in the theater. While she was here she didn't get to go see her weekly movie so I thought it would be fun to take her to a movie to celebrate Mother's Day. We went to a brand new theater and saw The Age of Adeline. It was a cute movie and it was nice to spend some time together without the boys!

My mom and my boys did a great job of making me feel special on Mother's Day. Miles had made me cute little keepsakes at his preschools and picked out a cute wall organizer at Target with Dad's help. My mom got me drip pans for the stove and I was SO excited! I've needed new drips pans for a while. What a difference new ones make.

After Oliver's nap on Sunday we decided to go for a drive and find an adventure! The sun happened to be shining (it rained a ton while Mom was here) too. I had heard about a little lake in a city not too far north of us, Herriman. From the pictures I have seen of this lake, it looked like it had the perfect beach and would be a great place to visit. Even though it was a little on the chilly side, we decided to go check it out. What fun! We will definitely be going back this summer!

Miles was in heaven!
There was even a playground
Oliver was a fan of the slide
Checking out the cold water
Oliver's cute little footprints
Chasing the duck

No comments: