Did you watch the 2008 NCAA Division I National Championship basketball game last? I'm not a huge sports fan, but was encouraged by my dear husband to watch KU play last night for the title. I have to say it was a nail biter, but KU came out victorious! I'm so proud of them! The last time they won the title was back in 1988. I was 9 years old and vaguely remember watching the game with my older brother or at least hearing the outcome of it. I suppose you can't live in Kansas or grow up in Kansas without knowing that the Jayhawks won the National Championship. Last night KU defeated Memphis 75-68 in overtime for its fifth national title in school history! What a FANTASTIC game!
I also have to brag a little bit about myself. Dave's family is really into sports and get involved in some of the online sports fantasy competitions. They do fantasy football in the fall and do the March Madness bracket in the spring. I never get involved because I just don't know or care much about sports. This March Madness was different. I decided that I would get involved, but under an alias name just in case I lost horribly! I don't know anything about any team other than the fact that I've always been a KU fan and even went to school there briefly. I always have to support them. I randomly picked the other teams often picking the underdog to win...unless I had never heard of the underdog. I, of course, picked KU to win it all and they did it!!! So, in the Kent competition I came in 2nd only 8 points behind my brother-in-law, Jake. I proudly declared last night to Dave that 2nd place is the new 1st place! I know that winning competitions like this is really based on luck, but it was nice to actually do well in a competition I thought for sure I would lose badly at. I even beat Dave which doesn't happen very often at anything.Needless to say, today is a good day and I'm proud to say that I'm a Kansan!
Rock Chalk Jayhawk! Go KU!
No comments:
Post a Comment