Thursday, October 23, 2008

No apparent reason



Yesterday when Dave arrived home he had a bouquet of these beautiful flowers in tow. The only thing that I can think of that provoked this nice gesture was a conversation we had Sunday evening. We had our individual interviews this week with our adoption caseworker and in preparation for this very stressful event in our lives, we were discussing (among many things) the strengths and weaknesses of our marriage. I mentioned that one of the weaknesses of our marriage could be the fact that the amount of spontaneous fun things we do for each other (such as love letters left in vehicles or backpacks) has diminished greatly from our early years of marriage...somewhat to be expected with eight years of marriage. We both mentioned that we do miss those days and made personal resolve to do better. I'm not entirely sure if that conversation is what provoked this gorgeous bouquet, but whatever the reason, I appreciate the gesture all the same!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. I must say you have the nicest husband.

Juannaelmi said...

They are gorgeous! I do have to ask if they stink? I also was wondering how your interviews went and have been to self-absorbed to call. So how did it go?