Sunday, October 19, 2008

UEA weekend

Every year in the fall (typically October) the Utah Education Association (teacher's union) holds a conference for all teachers statewide. Because this is a two day conference for the teachers, they close down all of the schools and give everyone those days off. Dave has never been interested in attending the conference in Salt Lake City so we do something fun instead! This year we decided to see the Body Worlds Exhibit in SLC and also tile our laundry room.

One of my friends decided to attend the Body Worlds Exhibit with us. I think all three of us had a good time. We kept saying things like, "this is amazing" and "it doesn't seem real!" It is pretty cool to be able to see what our bodies look like and how complex we are. It reminded me of my Anatomy and Physiology class I took at Ricks College...but, the best part was that you couldn't smell anything and you couldn't touch anything! Perfect for me!!!

Dave spent the majority of Friday and Saturday tearing up the linoleum in our laundry room and replacing it with tile. He is always hard on himself and finds the flaws, but I think it looks GREAT! We still have to put the baseboards back up, but it is essentially done.

Me & Shandra outside the exhibit
(you couldn't take pics inside)


Posing by the sign

Dave working and NOT happy I'm taking his pic

The first row is almost done!!

Tiles laid, but no grout yet

Finished project (minus the baseboards)

3 comments:

Juannaelmi said...

It looks great!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, now I know who to call when I get to tile something. :) Love the picture of us at bodyworlds; we should be models!

Daniel Kent said...

Dave, you are my hero!