With this being our last weekend at home before we hit the road for holiday travels, we decided it would be fun to do something different. I love seeing plays and especially love Christmas related plays. I told Dave that this year I wanted to start a new tradition for our family and see one Christmas related play. I gave him a short list of local plays I had found including the Christmas Carol and other classics and asked him to pick which one he would like to see the most. He picked Plaid Tidings and I'm very glad he did! Plaid Tidings is the holiday version of Forever Plaid. I got to see Forever Plaid with my aunt and uncle in Chicago when I was in high school and then they treated Dave and I to this play when it was in Kansas City one year. We both really enjoyed Forever Plaid and was hopeful we would enjoy Plaid Tidings. Plaid Tidings did not disappoint. We got a healthy dose of laughter for the evening! For anyone who hasn't seen Forever Plaid, we highly recommend it and for anyone who has seen Forever Plaid, we highly recommend Plaid Tidings! I think seeing Forever Plaid first is good, but not required...they do a recap of Forever Plaid in Plaid Tidings.

The local Plaid crewWe ventured out Saturday afternoon to fight the shopping crowds in search of a tree topper for the 8th Christmas in a row. I am VERY happy to report that we actually found one we both agreed on this year...AMAZING!!! We found it at Target. Dave was almost tempted to come back and buy it at the after Christmas sale, but I was too worried that it would be gone by then and didn't want to chance it. I am very happy with our choice and think it fits our tree nicely!
Dave has been busy studying for finals. He had his first final last Thursday and finishes up finals this Tuesday. One day while my mom and I were visiting over Instant Messenger she got the brilliant idea of giving Dave a finals survival basket. She is so thoughtful and creative! She asked me if I would gather the goodies for her and deliver them to Dave while he was studying. I rushed right out to Wal-Mart and gathered all of the "goodies" that Dave loves in life (or at least a good part of them) and put together this basket. When he saw the basket he got a huge smile on his face. He has really enjoyed eating all of the goodies. Thanks mom!
3 comments:
It is a beautiful tree topper! Good luck Dave!
Hey Holly! How's life stranger? Anyway, I just finished checking out your profile and I love it. You guys are such an amazing couple and will be terrific parents. I can't wait to see your adoption miracle unfold. You and your birthmother are in our prayers!
Congrats on your new tree topper, it's beautiful! Your mom's a genius with the finals basket. That's such a cute idea. I wish I had finals just so that I would have an excuse to get a final's basket too... well, not really! :)
Post a Comment