Thursday, December 4, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

The tree is up!

The stockings are hung!


So, we've been searching for a nice tree topper (Dave would prefer one that lights up) for years. We hit up every pre and post Christmas sale we can find and still have not found one we really like. Does anyone have any ideas on where to get a nice tree topper?

We also had this dilemma with our tree skirt. Finally last year I bought the material and my friend Shandra made me a tree skirt (I'm not a very good seamstress). I got the material I wanted and it is square instead of circle...everything I could hope for!!! I may have to think about making a tree topper, but not sure that would even be possible...

3 comments:

Juannaelmi said...

We are hopefully going to get a tree this weekend.
It took me forever to find a tree topper I loved. It doesn't light up so I just put some of our tree lights under it so it is illuminated. Good luck with your search.

The Cureton Family said...

Yes, good luck with your search! We are in the same boat--8 Christmases together and still no topper! Let us know if you find one!

Anonymous said...

There are a bunch of tree toppers (stars) at target, but they're mixed in with the ornaments which makes it a bit difficult. Walmart also ended up having some nice ones (stars)this year. Between those two stores, my sister and I finally both have tree toppers after years of searching! Good luck on your search... :)