Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Update

Dave has been bugging me to update our blog because he hates it when no one updates their blogs. I guess he likes reading about what everyone is up to, including himself. So, this is for you babe!

We are in Kansas for Christmas and have had an enjoyable time so far. We sort of left town quickly last Friday to head this way because a big storm was moving in to Utah. We had some hairy spots with bad road conditions, but overall it wasn't too bad...it could've been worse.

I've included some pictures of our trip and what we have been up to the last few days.

We broke down and got a new camera for Christmas. I was sick of all of our indoor pictures being blurry so we splurged and got a very nice Nikon! Dave took this picture of our tree with all of the lights in the house turned off. It was dark outside even. The only light was the light coming off of the television. Pretty impressive if you ask me!

This is where Buddy sits most of the time on our road trips. He wants me to let him sit on my lap so bad that he'll just sit there and stare at me.

When the roads were bad it was dark outside and I was too stressed about Dave's ability to keep us on the road with crazy people flying around us that we didn't get any pictures, but this picture is of the clean roads in KS. We essentially drove straight through the night and only stopped once for a two hour power nap. Rough!!!

Missy sleeping soundly on our trip. Overall she is a pretty good traveler.

Our not-so-white vehicle when we got to KS.

Missy is allergic to KS or something. She has been scratching since we got here and finally this morning had had enough. She got my attention by crawling on the chair up over the laptop just to sit right on my chest. With mom's help we were able to get some "medicine" on her and she is sleeping peacefully now. You would think with all of the snow and freezing temperatures that there would be nothing alive to irritate her skin, but I guess there is something. Poor dog!

Dave playing his Wii. He has put in several hours in the last three days doing this activity! He keeps reminding me that he is on vacation though so it is okay.

3 comments:

Juannaelmi said...

I'm glad you guys made it. They just barely open I-84 up here yesterday but I am pretty sure they will re-close it today. It is snowing pretty good again and we have at least 3-4 more inches.
Merry Christmas!!

Shannon said...

Merry Christmas Dave and Holly. Be careful heading back home. Have fun in Kansas.Love us down South. It is about 75 degrees today:)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that your trip went well! Congrats on getting the new camera and the crock pot, how fun!