Friday, January 16, 2009

Flashback Friday

I'm sitting here this morning with completely frozen toes that haven't thawed out in several days! I also have been reminded that it is Friday and I haven't done a Flashback Friday post in quite some time. So, with frozen toes I want to think of warmer days.

This post is about a trip we took to Arkansas in August of 2006. We went to visit my grandma. I'm getting used to the lack of humidity out here in Utah so when I visit places back home like Kansas and Arkansas I am quickly reminded of how humid it can get there. This particular trip was VERY hot and VERY humid!

As children my brother and I would float the river behind grandma's house every chance we could. In all of our marriage Dave hadn't had that same opportunity so on this particular trip we decided to get some tubes and float the river. It definitely isn't a fast paced river. We had an enjoyable time just relaxing and chatting about life!

My goofy husband

My mom heading down to the river with our doggies

Testing the water

On the final stretch of the trip

Yea, we made it!

2 comments:

Juannaelmi said...

It looks lovely. I miss floating the narrows. We haven't done that since Nate was born. I think he would enjoy it now.

Richards Family said...

I am always wondering what things to post. You seem to have such great ideas. And this trip looked like a lot of fun!