Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Historic Day

I was torn as to whether or not I wanted to watch the inauguration yesterday mainly because I needed to work all day, but the doctors at the clinic that I work for must have decided it was part of their civic duty to watch the inauguration so there was very little work to do yesterday. This gave me the opportunity to watch most of the day's festivities. No matter how you feel about President Obama, our country just partook in a very historical day! I am very proud to be an American where in a person's lifetime we can go from discriminating against blacks to electing them as our president!!! What a great country. Obama has a lot of challenges ahead of him and I'm very hopeful that he will succeed and get our country back on track.

2 comments:

Dorothy said...

I'm with you. Hope may be the only thing we have to lean on for a while.

Brittany Marie said...

I just wanted to say I love your "beta" ItsAboutLove profile. Your puppies are cute! I have to fix our main photo on our profile, right now the perameters cut my husband's head right off. Hahaha Oops.